cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 EVK8mmini IotCore compilation fails

MusAlh
Contributor I

Dear NXP support,

I am using currently EVK8MMINI and i am trying to compile and build an FFU image for the iotcore.

What i have done already:

1. fresh installation of Win 10 1089 (10.0.17763.1).

2. VC++ with the Arm and Arm64 packages + SDK 10.0.17763.132

3.  install ADK 10.0.17763.1

4. install WDK 10.0.17763.1

5. install IotCore packages (Arm + Arm 64) v. 10.0.17763.253.

I have followed all the instructions presented in the NXP manual to compile the image, but it was always failing with:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Imaging!ValidateInput: Failed to load Feature Manifest XML file C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\\board\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB_DeviceFM.xml:FeatureAPI!ValidateAndLoad: FeatureManifest file was not found: C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\\board\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB_DeviceFM.xml GenerateTestFFU C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\GenerateTestFFU\EXEC 1

Error FeatureAPI!ValidateAndLoad: FeatureManifest file was not found: C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\\board\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB_DeviceFM.xml GenerateTestFFU C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\GenerateTestFFU\EXEC 1

Error MSB3073 The command "
set Configuration=Release
set Platform=ARM64
set PkgOutput=C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\
set OutDir=C:\Users\alms\Desktop\W1809_1_1_0_imx-iotcore\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\GenerateTestFFU\
call GenerateFFU.bat
" exited with code 1. GenerateTestFFU C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44.

I have removed the HAL files because they were causing also other failures.

Aprat from this, i have tried to create the image based on the BSPs from the ADD_oN_KIT, and i faced the follwoing errors when building the FFU:

Processing NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GBFMFileList.xml
Error: FeatureMerger failed to process . See C:\MyWorkspace\Build\arm64\FIPPackage_NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB.log

ThreadId4252 INFO Imaging: Reading the FM XML file 'C:\MyWorkspace\Build\arm64\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB_DeviceFM.xml'...
ThreadId4252 ERROR: Imaging!ValidateInput: Failed to load Feature Manifest XML file C:\MyWorkspace\Build\arm64\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB_DeviceFM.xml:FeatureAPI!ValidateAndLoad: FeatureManifest file was not found: C:\MyWorkspace\Build\arm64\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB_DeviceFM.xml
ThreadId4252 ERROR: FeatureAPI!ValidatseAndLoad: FeatureManifest file was not found: C:\MyWorkspace\Build\arm64\MergedFMs\NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB_DeviceFM.xml
ThreadId4252 INFO Imaging: See Flash.cbs.log for details.

ImageApp: Error log can be found at 'C:\MYWORK~1\Build\arm64\ProductA\Test\Flash.ImageApp.log'.

Please guide me if i need something else to compile the image. Thanx!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi MusAlh

issue may be related to software revisions incompatibility, one can try suggestions provided on

https://github.com/ms-iot/imx-iotcore/issues/92

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos