表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

IMX6 FCPBGA thermal interface pad

ソリューションへジャンプ
991件の閲覧回数
sammypeiren
Contributor I

Hello,

I am designing a product that has an IMX6 processor in an FCPBGA package. The main PCB is mounted in an aluminum enclosure, which I would also like to use as a heatsink for the IMX6.

A thermal gap pad is placed between the enclosure and the IMX6 for optimal heat transfer. The pad is kept in place by the pressure of the case on the PCB. I have mechanical information about the pad (hardness, thickness, Young's Modulus), but I don't know how much pressure can be applied on the FCPBGA package.

Is there any information available from Freescale regarding about the maximum pressure that can be applied without damaging the package?

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
696件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sammy

maximum pressure is described on p.44 FCPBGA presentation

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/package_info/FC-PBGAPRES.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)
697件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sammy

maximum pressure is described on p.44 FCPBGA presentation

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/package_info/FC-PBGAPRES.pdf

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
696件の閲覧回数
sammypeiren
Contributor I

Alright so anything below 45N should be acceptable? I assume PoP versions of the IMX6 are a bit more fragile, or can they handle the same pressure?

0 件の賞賛