cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 Seiko WVGA LCD Rev B can not detect finger touch

Kirill
Contributor I

Hello!

I have IMX53 REV B board with LCD display. I've already download Android BSP v4.0(Gingerbread) and Android BSP v3.3 (froyo if i am not mistaken) from adeneo web page. Only prebuilt Android v3.3 load without problems. But OS detect only keyboard events, if I try to press with my finger display, no action. How can I patch this issue? Also I download, as I said above, v4.0 but when I try to launch shell script "build android" I caught message like "could not find ramdisk.img and uramdisk.img"? Do anybody have the same messages?  

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Kirill
Contributor I
The problem was really in R151. Thanks  everybody for help!
0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I
Thanks, hope the problem is in R151, if not it will sound not optimistic.
0 Kudos

RogerioNunes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The hardware patch that Vladan suggests in the other thread relates to power supply to the LCD doughter card and not to touch only. You need that short circuit to provide power to the iMX28 LCD daughter card in QSB REV B.

The patch file attached by Shlomo Kut is a simple pressure emulation workaround at driver level that makes z coordinate returned by the touch driver become 1 when there is a valid input. Calibration software waits for this coordinate with a positive value to work properly, so I suggest you to try this patch. It's working here in pure Linux, but it should work fine in Android as well.

As for R151, make sure you have it populated in your QSB. It's a zero Ohm resistor on the bottom side of the board, near the Power Jack (J1), and it's required to provide a reference voltage source for touch screen operations.

Best regards.

Kirill Danilenko said:

If I add in uboot parameter  bootargs 'calibration'  I have black screen with white plus, calibration mode. But touch events do not detect, so how can create calibration file to make touch on, if my touch does not work?) When I was surfing the web, I faced with one thread in this forum http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/sei... , at the end of discussion Shlomo Kut add LCD patch file. Does anybody use it? Or maybe there is some problems in hardware ? Like the same hardware patch from that thread.

Thanks for replies again! Any answer will help! 

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I
you add R151 resistor on imx53 qsb?  not lcd board?
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tested Adeneo R9.3 Android + QSB + Seiko + touchscreen. 

For my other LCD (WVGA one) I did need to rework QSB adding R151. It was made my a collegue of my, in front of me. But for Seiko LCD, I know it was reworked, but I don´t know exactly what.

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

at page 82? I set the same parameters. What version of Android did you use and from what website did you get it?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is your board a Rev B?

I have already used Seiko LCD with a rev B QSB, and I know it was reworked. Have you took a look into hardware user guide?

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

If I add in uboot parameter  bootargs 'calibration'  I have black screen with white plus, calibration mode. But touch events do not detect, so how can create calibration file to make touch on, if my touch does not work?) When I was surfing the web, I faced with one thread in this forum http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/seiko-wvga-panel-with-imx53?xg_sourc... , at the end of discussion Shlomo Kut add LCD patch file. Does anybody use it? Or maybe there is some problems in hardware ? Like the same hardware patch from that thread.

Thanks for replies again! Any answer will help! 

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It means you should calibrate.

Kirill Danilenko said:

Thanks for answer!

I didn't find this file, what it does it mean?

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

Thanks for answer!

I didn't find this file, what it does it mean?

0 Kudos

PrabhuSundarara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Try removing the existing calibration info stored at /media/data/system/calibration. Check the Adeneo user guide section 'Touch Screen Calibration' for more info.
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So, you need a hardware rework for the LCD (or you should take care of hardware before starting something), and you should configure your kernel properly.

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

Thanks for reply!

Yes, I have QSB board and freescale LCD board MCIMX28LCD Seiko 4.3'' WVGA-Rev B.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suppose you mean iMX53 QSB. What is the LCD you´ve been using?

Have you checked LCD support on kernel? I´m not sure it´s default, I think default QSB don´t have LCD

0 Kudos