Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Address Register

Jump to solution
t-sugiyama
Contributor II

Hello,
I have a question about {16.1.4.1 Initialization sequence} in i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 2, 08/2019.
I am wondering about the following:
"2.Update the address in the (I2C_IADR) to define its slave address (address can range from 0 to 0x7f)."
What should I set in the I2C_IADR register when I consider to make the i.MX8Mmini an I2C master?
Is the transfer destination slave ID correct?
I think that I2C_IADR should be set only when making i.MX8Mmini an I2C slave device.
Thanks.

Tetsuya.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tetsuya

>I think that I2C_IADR should be set only when making i.MX8Mmini an I2C slave device.

I think you are right.

One can look at i2c master example in uboot:

mxc_i2c.c\i2c\drivers - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tetsuya

>I think that I2C_IADR should be set only when making i.MX8Mmini an I2C slave device.

I think you are right.

One can look at i2c master example in uboot:

mxc_i2c.c\i2c\drivers - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!