HowTo Debug Bluetooth Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HowTo Debug Bluetooth Module

s_gamer
Contributor I

Setup: Host: Win10 for Serial Terminal, Ubuntu 16.04 VM for building android etc.

Device: iMX8M mini (on devboard from variscite)

The device is running, with the provided android, my app and test apps are running great, only they cannot find/discover bluetooth devices. Thus, I wanted to check configuration and function of the bluetooth module.

Problem: Commands dmesg, hciconfig, bluetoothctl, etc are not working:
1|imx8mm-var-dart:/ $ hciconfig
/system/bin/sh: hciconfig: inaccessible or not found
127|imx8mm-var-dart:/ $ su 0 hciconfig
su: failed to exec hciconfig: No such file or directory

What I did: Connect my development board to the PC via USB Cable. I am then able to connect via Serial Terminal PuTTY: Win10 command line terminal: putty.exe -v -sercfg 115200,8,1,n,N -serial com8

Then I get status information, startup information and I can enter commands, like "ls", resulting in line: "imx8mm-var-dart:/ $ ls" in the terminal.

What I noticed: Throughout my search I found examples of people using terminal commands like:

root@imx8mmevk:~# bluetoothctl

root@imx8mmevk:~# dmesg | grep "Bluetooth"

All my urgent questions:

• How do I get this root@imx8m access? On Device/Through Serial Terminal? Which command?
  • Are the config programs dmesg, hciconfig, bluetoothctl, etc. maybe really not installed, where/how might I look for them?
  • Where do I configure the Bluetooth module, or how do I debug it?
  • On which level are modules like Bluetooth normally configured? (DeviceTree dtsi, menuconfig, uboot, ..?)

I hope my question is precise enough and on-topic, please don't hesitate to comment on that, too.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi s.gamer@novotecmedical.de‌,

Since your i.MX 8M Mini is part of a third party board design, I will have to ask you to please raise a ticket for Variscite Support; they will be more able to assist you regarding the bluetooth and BSP setup. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ruben

0 Kudos