How to use use MFG tool for the custom board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use use MFG tool for the custom board.

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello,

For the flashing the images, mfg tool is used. How to use the mfg tool for the custom boards?

Regards,

Surendra

0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

for new hardware it is necessary to run ddr test and rebuild
mfg tools firmware (files in folder ..OS Firmware/firmware) with new calibration settings found from ddr test
(change them in uboot/board/freescale/../mx6sabresd/*.cfg file), for other hardware changes
change linux sources and build manufacturing image: bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.
Please use attached Yocto Guide sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

PaulDeMetrotion
Senior Contributor I

I have a custom board that I am trying to build the mfgtool firmware required by the manufacturing tool. I am trying to build the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs image which depends on u-boot-mfgtool and linux-mfgtool. I get errors related to missing custom board files. How do I integrate my custom board files into the mfgtool build environment? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please check Porting Guide from linux doc package

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS 

BSP Porting For Custom Board 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

PaulDeMetrotion
Senior Contributor I

Do not see anything on the manufacturing tool in the Porting Guide.

0 Kudos

surendradhobale
Contributor III

If you are looking for the flashing the images on the board, few standard tools are available instead of MFG Tool.

Please check following link, it may be useful.

https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/single-board-computers/warp7/blog/2016/09...

Regards,

Surendra

0 Kudos