表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How to use Eclipse on i.MX8QM MEK with linux

ソリューションへジャンプ
2,163件の閲覧回数
edouard_charvet
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to develop applications on Eclipse IDE for the i.MX8QM MEK board running a rebuilt linux and associated SDK. I don't manage to get Eclipse to upload the built executable to the board in order to run it or debug it. I have created a new "run configuration" as a "C/C++ remote application". The connection is setup to the IP of my board and user being "root". When I try to run the program, I get the following error message from Eclipse (see screenshot attached). I checked and can connect with to the board from a command shell using "ssh root@ipaddress". Also I can upload files to the board using the scp command... Any clue how to get this to work ? Trying to debug from Eclipse IDE also fails with similar error...

For information, I'm using the following:

- Ubuntu 18.04

- Eclipse IDE for C/C++ embedded developer release 2021-03

- embedded linux running on MEK board rebuilt out of release imx release Zeus imx-5.4.70-2.3.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
2,136件の閲覧回数
edouard_charvet
Contributor III

I tried this but it didn't work.

I managed to fix the issue by adding the following lines to my local.conf file in the yocto installation before building the yocto distribution with bitbake:

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "debug-tweaks tools-debug eclipse-debug ssh-server-openssh"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh-sftp openssh-sftp-server"

Just sharing in case somebody ever encounters the same issue...

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)
2,143件の閲覧回数
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for sharing,  It seems it is a common issue from Eclipse, here is a link from the Eclipse Forum, explaining how they solve the issue

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/154117/

And it seems that some new versions required some updates

http://download.eclipse.org/tm/terminal/updates/4.0/

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,137件の閲覧回数
edouard_charvet
Contributor III

I tried this but it didn't work.

I managed to fix the issue by adding the following lines to my local.conf file in the yocto installation before building the yocto distribution with bitbake:

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "debug-tweaks tools-debug eclipse-debug ssh-server-openssh"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh-sftp openssh-sftp-server"

Just sharing in case somebody ever encounters the same issue...

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,152件の閲覧回数
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you think you can share the information of the scenario of connection?  Because I am not understanding if you are having a connection via Ethernet Cable from the PC Host to the Board, and Eclipse it is in the Host or  the board has the Eclipse IDE, and you are only downloading from the PC host.

Also can you share an screen shot of the Connection Tab from the Eclipse IDE, to see how was configured?

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,151件の閲覧回数
edouard_charvet
Contributor III

Yes, sure. I have a host PC running Ubuntu, which is my development PC. This PC is connected over Ethernet to the imx8 MEK board, which is my target, where the application will run. I'm cross-compiling my application on the development PC using the SDK generated out of the yocto build process for this, in Eclipse IDE. Once the application is cross-compiled, I then want to use the Eclipse IDE to run the application on the board, so that I can or just run it, or debug it (depending on whether I click the run or debug button in Eclipse). But to be able to do that, the first step that Eclipse does is to upload the generated application from the development PC to the board. I think this happens over an ssh connection to the board. But for some reason Eclipse fails to perform this upload, and I'm trying to get some help on why the connection doesn't happen and the application doesn't get uploaded and started on the board, while scp and ssh commands from the development PC to the host seem to work if I try them from a terminal opened on the development PC.

Find in attachment some screenshots from the way the connection is setup.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

0 件の賞賛
返信