您的意思是: 
已解决

How to re-configure kernel for imx devices

跳至解决方案
1,936 次查看
vivekraj
Contributor I

hi,

I'm trying to build the image with PCIe USB3 and usb wlan (rtl8188) support.

I followed the steps mentioned in the Task #5 - Kernel.

But after :

bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig

if i try this line -- cp  tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/.config ../sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.14.28/mx6/defconfig

the error is -- cp: cannot stat ‘tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/.config’: No such file or directory

please tell me after kernel config, where the latest .config or defconfig deployed. how to build linus kernel with changed defconfig????

[update]:

today i just tried with fsl-release-bsp packages kernel v3.10.17. i could see .config file here after menuconfig but not in fsl-community-bsp kernel v3.14.28. the build boots fine if i'm not doing menuconfig in both package, but if do the menuconfig and try to boot them it does not simply work... halts at starting kernel.....

1 解答
1,129 次查看
madisox
Contributor III

With the latest Yocto tools used with the 3.14.28 kernel, the kernel build happens outside the source tree, so instead of

tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/.config

you should find the generated config in

tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/build/.config

在原帖中查看解决方案

4 回复数
1,130 次查看
madisox
Contributor III

With the latest Yocto tools used with the 3.14.28 kernel, the kernel build happens outside the source tree, so instead of

tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/.config

you should find the generated config in

tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/build/.config

1,129 次查看
taruntejkanakam
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using 3.14.38-r0 for an iMX6UL and I am not able to find the .config anywhere in the build folder after "bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig"

Has something else changed in the kernel build directory from 3.14.28-r0 to 3.14.38-r0?

Could please help me get the location where the .config was supposed to be saved?

Thanks,

Tarun

0 项奖励
回复
1,129 次查看
vivekraj
Contributor I

Thank you very much madisox, i found it..

0 项奖励
回复
1,129 次查看
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the help, Masidox! I'm sure it will help other community users as well!

Vivek, would you please confirm if this answered your quesion?

0 项奖励
回复