How to initialize yocto build environment above a initialized project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initialize yocto build environment above a initialized project?

wenfu
Contributor III

The step when you first do this:

repo init

repo sync

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland
bitbake xxx
But when you have done the above and exit the console then open a new console what is the right steps?
I need to run "DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland" again to setup the environment variables. It looks good but the changes I have made to conf/local.conf have been overwritten, which is not a good way to do.
The question is how to do it gracefully and keep the things I have done before and set the environment variables correctly?
2 Replies

radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi wenfu ,

You have not mentioned which BSP version you are using. you can refer section 5.6.5 Restarting a build environment of i.MX Yocto project User's guide of respected version which you are using. For reference we have attached L4.14.98_2.0.0 version's i.MX yocto project user's guide.

Screenshot (53).png

So in your case you can give below command and then build image using $ bitbake xxx command.

$ source setup-environment build-xwayland

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

wenfu
Contributor III

Hi Radhika,

wonderful ! You answer fully meet the need. I should have read the document carefully.

0 Kudos