cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash (bootloader + SO) to eMMC "out of production" i.MX6

rmpt
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a iMX6S with 256Mb of ram and an eMMC of 4Gb.

I know that iMX6 processor has two pins (BOOT_MODE[0:1]) which are related to the recovery mode, and those (whenin short-circuit)put the processor in Serial Downloader mode.

My question is related to the flash process of a "out of production" iMX6 processor. Iniatially, it’s necessary to blow eFuses. Can you tell me how this process is done? You configure BOOT_CFG1[7:4] as 011x, right?

Relatively to the flash process itself, what are the possible processes to flash everything (bootloader, rootfs, kernel) in the eMMC? I know I can flash the bootloader through Serial Downloader mode, and then use the bootloader to flash the kernel + rootfs to the eMMc, but is there a way to flash them all at sequentially? Without the need to stop at the bootloader?

Thanks, 

Rui M.P. Teles

Labels (1)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rui

please check

How to program i.MX6 eFUSE?
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95458

also use attached Linux Guide for programming options.

One can try mfg tool to flash them all at sequentially

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------