How to edit u-boot according to the DDR calibration values ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit u-boot according to the DDR calibration values ?

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

1) I have done DDR stress test and calibration using DDR stres test tool v2.60 for my iMAX6 Quad processor based custom hardware design. And I'm referring to the nitrogen6X uboot files and which files and locations should I edit using calibrations values ?

2) Initially I have an understanding about doing this according to the following procedure.

We should edit ;

# include "ddr-setup.cfg"

# include "1066mhz4*128*16.cfg"

# include "clock-cfg"

files. But according to my understanding "ddr-setup.cfg" and "clock-cfg" are generic files and we don't have to edit those files. As well as finally we need to recompile the defconfig files. So is this procedure correct ? Do we have to edit more than this ?

3) In some forums mentioned that we need to edit flash_header.S file. What is this ? I couldn't find such file in nitrogen6X u-boot.

I must be thankful to you if you will kindly advice me on this.

Regards & Thanks,

Peter.

Labels (3)
9 Replies

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi Gary,

gary_bisson

Please look at the following figure. Left side DDR calibration result and right side cfg file. 

Result.jpg

Is that enough just replacing the values of .cfg file with the highlighted values of the DDR calibration values ? Any more changes to do ?

Regards,

Peter.  

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please use "i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf" of NXP BSP documentation.

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i.... 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi Yuri,

Please look at the following figure. Left side DDR calibration result and right side cfg file. 

Result.jpg

Is that enough just replacing the values of .cfg file with the highlighted values of the DDR calibration values ? Any more changes to do ?

Regards,

Peter.  

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Write leveling calibrations are not involved in Your considerations, MMDCx_MPWLDECTRL0/1

Regards,

Yuri.

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for the reply.

Please see the following comparison in Sabre Lite .cfg file (#include "1066mhz-4*128m*16.cfg) and its DDR calibration tool values (Skhynix H5TC2GB3FFR PBA). The values in calibration tool is completely different with the cfg file values. So why is that ? Though I run the test again and again I can get only those values. 

^113D5667C0CB6A7AC5D4785403DF7EECBB7F8C7AAA8D5AF65E^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

So what I need to confirm is how I clarify the values in DDR tool is correct or not ? 

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

to verify the values in DDR tool - use them in initialization script and run tests (say, Over Night Test)

again, without (new) calibration.  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Peter,

Yes ddr-setup.cfg and clock.cfg are generic, only the 1066mhz_4x128mx16.cfg needs to be modified with the values from the imx ddr stress tool:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 

Note that it is already the case for our platforms so I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.

Finally, this cfg will be translated into a DCD table which will be in the "header" you are mentioning, so nothing else to do.

Regards,

Gary

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi Gary,

gary_bisson

Many thanks for your reply. 

What did you mean by "cfg translated into a DCD table" ? How should I do this ?

From where can I find "header" in nitrogen6x u-boot ? Can you give me the file path ?

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Peter,

You have nothing to do, it is part of uboot build, the u-boot.imx generated contains the header within which the configuration files are included.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos