How to build mxc_vpu_test in Linux BSP L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build mxc_vpu_test in Linux BSP L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source?

Jump to solution
johnturnur
Contributor III

Hello,

I have downloaded latest Linux BSP L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source.tar and extracted it and build it on Ubuntu 12.04 machine. I have successfully build it using LTIB.

I want to run the unit test for IPU and VPU. So i have extracted the unit test packages using following command.

./ltib -m prep -p imx-test

unit test has been extracted in the folder : ltib/rpm/BUILD/imx-test-3.0.35-4.0.0/test/mxc_ipudev_test folder.

I want to run the test and for that i need to build it. I have tried to build it using make command for the particular test but it fails to build.

Can anyone guide me how to build it and how to run the test on i.MX 6Q board.

Thanks,

John

Tags (1)
1 Solution
XiaoPong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

John,

Have you tried to build up image by directly selecting imx-test from "./ltib -c" -> Package list ---> [x] imx-test? By doing it, you do not have to run ./ltib -m prep -p imx-test, ./ltib -m scbuild -p imx-test, and ./ltib -m scdeploy -p imx-test separately. The imx-test package should be pre-selected in ltib, by default. Do you have "unit_tests" folder under /ltib/rootfs?

In addition, mxc_ipu_hl_lib.h is located at /ltib/rootfs/usr/include.

Wilson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XiaoPong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

John,

Have you tried to build up image by directly selecting imx-test from "./ltib -c" -> Package list ---> [x] imx-test? By doing it, you do not have to run ./ltib -m prep -p imx-test, ./ltib -m scbuild -p imx-test, and ./ltib -m scdeploy -p imx-test separately. The imx-test package should be pre-selected in ltib, by default. Do you have "unit_tests" folder under /ltib/rootfs?

In addition, mxc_ipu_hl_lib.h is located at /ltib/rootfs/usr/include.

Wilson

0 Kudos
johnturnur
Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

On fresh extraction and with fresh ltib setting i could build the all the tests and it resides in rootfs/unit_test folder.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
johnturnur
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer.

In first pass i have not configured from package list. After that i have tries to built it using that option only.

Still i will try to extract it again and tries to build using the method u suggested.

Are you able to build it successfully?

regards.

J

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

after extracted the source code, you can modify the code.

Then type this command to rebuild it.

./ltib -p imx-test -m scbuild

Then type this command to install it in rootfs.

./ltib -p imx-test -m scdeploy

johnturnur
Contributor III

Hello Jimmay,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to build using above ./ltib -p imx-test -m scbuild command. Other test are builded succesfully like mxc_ipu_test, fb test,v4l2 test.

Bur mxc_vpu_test fails to build.

it gives following error

In file included from main.c:26:0:

vpu_test.h:24:28: fatal error: mxc_ipu_hl_lib.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

It tries to get the above header file along with vpu_io.h,vpu_lib.h. But this header file does not exists in the test folder.

Can you update me with  mxc_vpu_test source which can be built without any error?

Can you guide me about if anything is missing in setup of the test?

Please guide me ASAP as i am stuck in this for while.

Thanks

J.

0 Kudos