How to achieve different sound through the two sound card output at the same time in the Android platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to achieve different sound through the two sound card output at the same time in the Android platform?

fdact
Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

Our product have two sound card and we want different sound can through the dif card output.

Now out hw platform is IMX6 and use android system.  We find the default code didn't implement the function.

Do you know what code needs to modified?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, you have to change the Android HAL according to your hardware configuration. Then, a custom application should be created. For more information, refer to the Android Developer sites:

https://source.android.com/devices/audio/index.html

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/package-summary.html

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fdact
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already modify hal to support second sound card, but now at the same time, there is only one sound card work.

But I need play different audio through HDMI and Speaker simultaneously in android?  Can you give me some advice?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Refer to the sites above, they contain all required information.

Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

fdact
Contributor I

Hi artur,

I had check the website but android didn't implement our demand. So I  would like to know whether IMX have the function to achieve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Refer to multi-channel audio feature, described here:

Audio Implementation | Android Open Source Project

Artur

0 Kudos

fdact
Contributor I

Hi artur,

Thanks for your reply. You may not understand our needs. That only one sound card can work at the same time.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OK, so, please describe the task in more details. What physical interfaces do you use to play sound?

0 Kudos