cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM: Loading m4 image along with Android

srinivaskb
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using a IMX8M mini EVK in my project. I am running android P9.0.0_2.3.1 on this. I followed the instructions from corresponding Android user guide document for the building and running the android image.

Also I have downloaded MCUExpresso SDK (Version 2.7.0) and I am able to build the example applications for imx8mm (FreeRTOS).

But I didn't find any suitable documentation on loading the m4 image along with Android. I wanted to try RPMSG related examples.(rpmsg_lite_str_echo_rtos).

Please provide the detailed documentation/links for the same.

6 Replies

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, srinivaskb

You can flash the M4 image along with Android images using "uuu_imx_android_flash.sh" script.

Then after you need to set boot command as shown below to boot the M4 image as well.

• setenv bootcmd "bootmcu && boota mmc0"

See the attached Android Quick Start Guide to flash the images using uuu script.

Regards,

Shivani

edward_fu
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx8mq board. Android loaded m4 image and m4 program run successfully at first. But after few seconds, M4 program crashed.

Ps: M4 program run normally if only bootmcu not along with android in uboot.

What's the problem?

0 Kudos

edward_fu
Contributor III

0 Kudos

srinivaskb
Contributor I

Thank you. It worked.!!

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Srinivas K B

Will you please provide the steps to build and flash rpmsg_lite_str_echo_rtos in Android 9

Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

anurag16doshi
Contributor II

Any progress you have made vinoth? I am looking for a way to flash the same file in Android 10.

0 Kudos