How much data can the SPI Slave of the RT500 chip receive at one time?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

How much data can the SPI Slave of the RT500 chip receive at one time?

491件の閲覧回数
mintisan
Contributor II

I need to use RT500 as a slave device of other main control chips, that is, Slave, to receive nearly 50KB data at a time.

I looked at the following routines in the SDK[interrupt/dma/callback 3 modes]

mintisan_0-1696071984820.png

When I use a length of several hundred bytes, the interrupt or DMA interrupt can be triggered normally. But when I increase the length to 10K or even more than 20K, the interrupt becomes abnormal, sometimes appearing and sometimes not appearing.

My understanding is that RT500 has a buffer size internally, but I didn’t find any similar instructions in the code comments or the user manual.

Regarding the SPI Slave reception of longer data, is there any application manual that I can refer to?

Thanks...

タグ(3)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 返信

397件の閲覧回数
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mintisan,

Please help me looking into the RT500's Datasheet (i.MX RT500 Low-Power Crossover Processor), chapter 7.5 (High-Speed SPI interface):

"The actual SPI bit rate depends on the delays introduced by the external trace, the
external device, system clock (HCLK), and capacitive loading.

Excluding delays introduced by external device and PCB, the maximum supported bit
rate for SPI master mode (transmit/receive) is 50 Mbit/s.

Excluding delays introduced by external device and PCB, the maximum supported bit
rate for SPI slave mode (receive) is 50 Mbit/s and for SPI slave mode (transmit) is 35
Mbit/s."

50 Mb/s comes out to 6250 KB/s.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,
Julián

0 件の賞賛
返信