How fix the clock setting for MIPI camera ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fix the clock setting for MIPI camera ?

ludovicleau-mer
Contributor III

Hi community,

i have a custom camera (999MHz, 4 lane, VC0). I get correct phy_state 3F0 when camera is started.

I check an image (a pattern test image send by my camera) with gstreamer with mfw_v4lsrc module.

But i receive a bad image. In the doc https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/328301-262515/Debug%20steps%20for%20cus...

I am in the state C "check the clock setting"

How i can set the HSP_CLK and CCM_PIXEL_CLK clocks ?

Regards

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ludovicleau-mer
Contributor III

Hi,

I have read this thread : Re: imx6q sabre AI board MIPI camera.

But i don't understand , how i can increase the ccm_pixel_clk ? in the thread two clock are named : axi_clk_root and emi_clock. But i don't found thess clock.

Is there anyone know where can i get detail information about these or about to set ccm_pixel_clk ?

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which Linux BSP are you using? The axi and emi clocks might be the root clocks that can be used to generate pixel clock.

I believe that this Re: Several questions related to the MIPI CSI2 camera port  can be helpful.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

ludovicleau-mer
Contributor III

Hi,

I use the IMX6 sabrelite board. I can't acces the link you gave : Re: Several questions related to the MIPI CSI2 camera port

Is there a specific access for it ?

I have tested several configurations of pixel clock with the emi and axi root clock. I receive a bad image : lines seem to shifted. I think there is a bad clock value  for the ipu but i am not certain.

Best regards

Edit :

I use the boudary linux : ubuntu 3.10.17

the camera send a pattern of 8 color column : white to black.

For configuration pixel_clock 264MHz and ipu_hsp to 396MHz (modification of register in clk-imx6q.c)

if the camera uses mipi lane of 416MHz (=> byte rate 104) the capture work partialy. We have too many 2 columns (white and yellow in the right)

mipi_416MHz.png

if the camera uses mipi lane of 625MHz (=> byte rate 156) the capture does'nt work

mipi_416MHz px352 hsp396.png

0 Kudos

schatragadda
Contributor I

Ludovic, did you ever resolve this issue? How?

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. In summary the questions in the link I provided are:

Question 1:

In the "Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor.pdf" document a register "CSI2_PHY_TST_CTRL1" is mentioned that I could not

find in the reference manual. I urgently need documentation about this register and the correct address.

Question 2:

In the reference manual I found 3 mentions of a "ccm_pixel_clk". What is this clock and what effect has it - where

can it be adjusted?

Question 3:

Besides the two registers/clocks mentioned before - are there any other settings a customer needs to adjust when changing

the MIPI bus clock?

Question 4:

in the i.MX6DQ reference manual it is mentioned that the customer should use the non-gated clock when using the MIPI interface.

Whenever they turn this on in the IPU1_CSI0_SENS_CONF and CSI2IPU_SW_RST registers they do not get an EOF indication
anymore. They can fix this by inverting the sync and clock in the IPU1_CSI0_SENS_CONF, but they still get a distorted picture.

Are there still other values to look at in such a case? How can they verify that the given formula:

(hsp_clk > ccm_pixel_clk/0.9 > (mipi_clk_lane frequency /(8bits*2))*Data_lane_number)

is not validated? What is the ccm_pixel_clk and where is it set? See question 2.

Question 5:

Is there any other place where the customer can adjust the interpretation of the data stream as being 32Bit or 24Bit besides the

IPU1_CSI0_SENS_CONF register?  Their picture looks like this conversion might have been done twice?

Answers:

For Q1, MIPI_CSI_PHY_TST_CTRL1 address is 0x021D_C034, you can just reference to the "Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor.pdf" for how to config the mipi clock.

For Q2, ccm_pixel_clock is the camera pixel clock from CSI2IPU to CSI, for iMX6DQ, it is from aclk_eim_clk, in Freescale BSP, we had set it to 198MHz (clk_set_rate(&emi_clk, 198000000);). For iMX6S/DL, the ccm_pixel_clock is from ipu_hsp_clock, it is 270MHz in Freescale BSP..

For Q3, mipi bus clock should be set based on "Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor.pdf" with register CSI2_PHY_TST_CTRL1.

For Q4, Freescale BSP used gated clock mode for ov5640 mipi camera. Note: hsp_clk > ccm_pixel_clk/0.9, this limitation is only for iMX6DQ, when ccm_pixel_clk is from ipu_hsp_clk on iMX6SDL, they are same frequency.

For Q5, you should also check the IDMAC setting, it should use generic mode to receive RAW data.

Best Regards,

Alejandro