cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Yocto with GTest configured properly for use in SDK

Jump to solution
tfarnham
Contributor II

I have added "gtest" to my IMAGE_INSTALL setup for the image I am creating.  I then run "bitbake <my-image> -c populate_sdk" and execute the resulting script to unpack the SDK.

This all seems to work properly.  The resulting SDK contains a .../usr/include/gtest with the header files I would expect for building gtest applications.  However, I am not finding the gtest source anywhere.  For example, I would expect there to exist in the SDK a .../usr/src/gtest/src that contains files such as gtest_main.cc.

Has anyone run into this sort of problem?  Is there some way I can manipulate the recipes to force the the gtest "src" folder to be copied into the sdk properly?

Thanks,

Terry Farnham

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tfarnham
Contributor II

It seems that the Yocto populate_sdk procedure produces a pre-built set of the gtest libraries.  So the cmake procedures that we used to include gtest had to be altered to accommodate a pre-built gtest library, rather than building gtest on-the-fly with the typical cmake process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tfarnham
Contributor II

It seems that the Yocto populate_sdk procedure produces a pre-built set of the gtest libraries.  So the cmake procedures that we used to include gtest had to be altered to accommodate a pre-built gtest library, rather than building gtest on-the-fly with the typical cmake process.

0 Kudos