cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help building Android for imx51 BBG board

patrickimmling
Contributor I

Dear All,

I am following the R. 10.3 Android User Guide to compile Android sources for imx51 EVK or BBG board.

In this regard, I downloaded the repo and synced it. When I came to patch the Android for imx, the instructions seem either unlcear or I do not have the right sources!

under the android source/device, I do not have an fsl folder.

There is a patch available for device called fsl.git though.

What is the problem? Do I have some missing directories? How to check it?

Can someone help me with some instructions as to applying the patches?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Writing a script is best process.

It's very simple.

Hope you have figured it out!

0 Kudos

patrickimmling
Contributor I

Ok. Let me take a look again. In the meanwhile, just a small complaint from my side. Why is patching made so difficult. One has to go to each subfolder of the imx folder and execute each patch in the corresponding subdirectory.

I get errors for some patches(the Multimedia ones). I have ignored them for the time being but then there could have been a script for the same. I guess if I get the Android compiled for I.MX I am going to write a script for this patch process..phew!

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

devices/fsl will only be populated after you patch you directory.

So, just after you repo sync you will not have any devices/fsl.

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

That is what Daiane was telling.

If you need to clone a repo, the host of that GIT should be alive.

your fsl git doesn't seem to be so.

So, you have to find a proper GIT Repository.

There are some documents like i.MX_Android_R10.3.2_User_Guide.html,i.MX_Android_R10.3.2_Release_Note.html, where you can find about that particular release inside the folder.

Hope you can find a way to get the fsl git repo synced properly, from an active repo.

0 Kudos

patrickimmling
Contributor I

I am actually following R10.3.2 and the and_patch.sh is not even available. One must execute all the patches manually. However what is worrying is the fsl folder under device directory under android source folder is missing after a repo sync.

Please help

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

R10.3 should be early the "kernel.org" blackout (isn't it?)

The external android repository has changed, and know some projects are no longer holded under the same git repository.

I remember alsa-utils/alsa-libs was removed. But you shouldn't trust my memory :D

Take a look on file baseversion (it's inside the tarball with User Guide and and_patch) to see which projects are touched bu and_patch

0 Kudos