cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPMI imx6, unable to get a data line to move

Jump to solution
briannorman
Contributor II

I'm trying to write a nand driver for an iMX6Q for Green Hills.  I'm down to the very basics and I'm having difficulties getting even a reset command to work.  I've figured out the APBH DMA set up and it appears to be working.  When i try to issue a reset to my NAND, I get my CE and CLE lines to work properly, but the data lines never move.  In the flash controller, after attempting the reset command, the GPMI_STAT indicates a RDY_TIMEOUT on Dev0.

It almost behaves like it is attempting to communicate in synchronous mode, but my nand is asynchronous, and according to the timing diagrams, won't toggle the R/B line until after the reset is complete, which it is not doing because the command was never sent.  i have verified that GPMI_CTRL1 SSYNCMODE is not asserted, and APBH_BAR is pointing to the reset command(and just incase it was reading word aligned, i filled all neighboring ram with the same command, 0xff).

Am i placing the command in the correct location, is there some other flag that i need to set for asynchronous mode?

thanks

Brian

Labels (2)
1 Solution
briannorman
Contributor II

In case anyone comes across this, i figured it out.  My timing parameters were off.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We’re glad you found out what the problem was. If you have any more information to share on what the specific issue was maybe it can help other people as reference.

0 Kudos
briannorman
Contributor II

In case anyone comes across this, i figured it out.  My timing parameters were off.

dhanunjaykatta
Contributor II

Hi Brian Norman,

I have a doubt Imx6 Secure boot using HABv4, can we authenticate bare-metal code execution flow,like After BOOTROM will load my customized bootloader inplace of u-boot, next some RTOS? for this flow how can i use HAB library to authenticate these images?

If you answer this really helpful.

0 Kudos
frederikjuul
Contributor II

Any information about how to set the timing params? What registers or settings did you chance to get it to work?

0 Kudos