Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Configurations

Jump to solution
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a list with description for each of the pin modes NoMUX, ALT0, ALT1, ALT2 …..?

Taken GPIO_EMC_B2_03 for example, what is the difference between ALT10 - GPIO8_IO13 and ALT5 - GPIO_MUX2_IO13?

Is there a mode that allows any GPIO to be configured as an output clock signal?

Thanks,

Tarek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>The reference manual indicate two but doesn't show if this is possible on GPIOs

for CCM_CLKO1 it is necessary to configure pad GPIO_EMC_B1_40 to ALT9
(Table 11-1. Muxing Options, sect.12.4.5.42 SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_EMC_B1_40 SW MUX Control
Register (SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_EMC_B1_40))
then look at Chapter 15 Clock Controller Module (CCM) for CCM_CLKO  configuration.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tarek

such list with description for each of the pin modes can be found in IOMUX Controller (IOMUXC),

External Signals and Pin Multiplexing Chapters of each processor Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello @igorpadykov,

The reference manual only shows current and possible modes for each pin without specifying the functionality of each mode.

This brings me back to my question about the difference between ALT10 - GPIO8_IO13 and ALT5 - GPIO_MUX2_IO13? and on how to configure a GPIO as a clock output?

TM_MI_0-1641305418500.png

TM_MI_2-1641305471200.png

Thank you,

Tarek

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>The reference manual only shows current and possible modes for each pin without

>specifying the functionality of each mode.

functionality is described in reference manual for each module: for example "WDOG2_B" - in Wdog

Chapter

>This brings me back to my question about the difference between ALT10 - GPIO8_IO13 and ALT5 - >GPIO_MUX2_IO13? and on how to configure a GPIO as a clock output?

could you please clarify what processor and Reference Manual (page number) you are refering to.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hi @igorpadykov 

- functionality is described in reference manual for each module: for example "WDOG2_B" - in Wdog

Yes, Thank you

- could you please clarify what processor and Reference Manual (page number) you are refering to.

Page 424, processor i.MX RT1170

I found further information on page 860

TM_MI_0-1641310020509.png

I think the modes (ALT....) here are not really unique and it correspond to each pad separately; are there any pads with modes that support clock functionalities?

my goal is to configure some (GPIO) to output internal clocks to another board?

The reference manual indicate two but doesn't show if this is possible on GPIOs

TM_MI_1-1641310617580.png

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>The reference manual indicate two but doesn't show if this is possible on GPIOs

for CCM_CLKO1 it is necessary to configure pad GPIO_EMC_B1_40 to ALT9
(Table 11-1. Muxing Options, sect.12.4.5.42 SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_EMC_B1_40 SW MUX Control
Register (SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_EMC_B1_40))
then look at Chapter 15 Clock Controller Module (CCM) for CCM_CLKO  configuration.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos