Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GCC 4.0 for compiling android_lollipop

Jump to solution
senthilkumar_s1
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I am trying to compile android lollipop following the android documents obtained from freescale website(now NXP).I found a note mentioned in it "Because default GCC toolchain from android-5.0.2_rl release is GCC 4.8,which may have issues on ARM Linux kernel compiling,the GCC 4.0 from android-4.4.3_rl is used to compile the Linux Kernel and U-Boot".

So I was forced to stop and started searching GCC 4.0 for compiling lollipop,my question is where to find GCC 4.0 or if GCC 4.6 is sufficient,please reply.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Senthil Kumar,

I'm sorry for the confusion. You do not need to look for the toolchain externally, just following the steps on the Android User's Guide will suffice. The note is just explaining the reason why the different commands are checking our certain code. You can see that the GCC is not cloned from the Android 5.0 repository but from Android 4.4.

I hope this information helps and you can build Android successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Senthil Kumar,

I'm sorry for the confusion. You do not need to look for the toolchain externally, just following the steps on the Android User's Guide will suffice. The note is just explaining the reason why the different commands are checking our certain code. You can see that the GCC is not cloned from the Android 5.0 repository but from Android 4.4.

I hope this information helps and you can build Android successfully.

0 Kudos