Firmware Upgrade Scheme using emmc in imx8mplus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Upgrade Scheme using emmc in imx8mplus

anjuv
Contributor I

Do you already have A/B partitioning firmware update scheme for emmc implemented for imx8mplus boards?

Requirement

A/B system updates use two sets of partitions referred to as slots (normally slot A and slot B). The system runs from the current slot while the partitions in the unused slot are not accessed by the running system during normal operation.This approach makes updates fault resistant by keeping the unused slot as a fallback: If an error occurs during or immediately after an update, the system can rollback to the old slot and continue to have a working system. To achieve this goal, no partition used by the current slot should be updated as part of the OTA update

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I believe that you are refering to Android BSP, if so then yes we do support this, please do refer to the Android User's Guide chapter 7.2 Implementing OTA update
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/ANDROID_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

anjuv
Contributor I

No, its linux OS.

Board - imx8mplus.

SDK -  6.1.36 Mickledore

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Then maybe SWUpdate may be an option, please have a look here:
https://docs.nxp.com/bundle/AN13872/page/topics/double_copy_with_fall-back.html

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

anjuv
Contributor I

Thanks Aldo.

Is there any code reference available?

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please refer to the Building SWUpdate section of the document I have shared, ther you'll find the repositories.

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

sanum19
Contributor III

Hi Aldo, 

The above documentation gives the setup for imx6ull, imx8mm & imx93.

I manually made some changes to build this for imx8mplus . But I'm facing errors while running it.

So do you have the correct working patch of these repository files especially (meta-swupdate-imx & swupdate-scripts) to enable this feature on imx8mplus-evk.

0 Kudos