cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in "using created tool chain" when I tried to source the created .sh file

yanwangmmm
Contributor I

Hi,

I am following the yocto training TASK #7 and TASK#8.  After the bitbake meta-toolchain, I did see a .sh file located at ~/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/sdk.  When I source it, it told me

$ source poky-eglibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.6.2.sh
bash: source: poky-eglibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.6.2.sh: cannot execute binary file

And it looks like the .sh file has a large part of binary information.  If I removed that binary part, it would go through the source command, and it will create an empty directory under /opt/poky/1.6.2.  So it seemed that the binary part is useful but my source command cannot understand.

I am stuck here.  Can anyone help?

The basic information of my build is as following:

1. Host machine: virtual box with ubuntu 14.04 LTS

2. I started with my repository as

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.10.53-1.1.0_ga

3. I build with

MACHINE=imx6qsabreauto source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build -e x11
bitbake core-image-minimal
after that

bitbake meta-toolchain
and I saw the above error.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yan,

You can download a precompiled toolcahin, one way to obtain a cross-compilation toolchain for example from the yocto project downloads site:

Index of /releases/yocto/yocto-1.6.2/toolchain/ 

after that try to run the script

I my case I tested the 4.1.15 based kernel version and the toolchain installer is building correctly. You should give a try to the latest BSP.

regards

0 Kudos