Error: Mfg tool can't burn eboot.nb0 and  xip.nb0 (WinCE7 os) into mmc card in my imx53 smd board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Mfg tool can't burn eboot.nb0 and  xip.nb0 (WinCE7 os) into mmc card in my imx53 smd board

Jump to solution
sunajiang
Contributor III

Hi Everyone:
   I use mfg tool (version 1.6.2.055_g06a4f91 )to burn eboot.nb0 and  xip.nb0  into mmc card , but it failed .  No message from smd board's serial debug port even if i
   enable that in mfgtool. USB  driver is installed for the mx53 smd board and mfg tool can find the device.
   Error messages from the mfgtool log:

1 - Panel A Start processing MX53SMD-SDMMC-WinCE (BINFS) <LIST/>.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="find" body="BootStrap" file="" timeout="60" onError="" text="".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="find" body="BootStrap" file="" timeout="60" onError="" text="" SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="boot" body="BootStrap" file="mx53-smd/mx53smd.eboot_uut.nb0" timeout="10" onError="" text="Running plugin to init DDR Memory.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="boot" body="BootStrap" file="mx53-smd/mx53smd.eboot_uut.nb0" timeout="10" onError="" text="Running plugin to init DDR Memory." SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="mx53-smd/mx53smd.uce.nb0" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing preLoad."".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="mx53-smd/mx53smd.uce.nb0" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing preLoad."" SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. ".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. " SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="" FAIL code=0xffff0002.

Panel A: Wrong device found.,failed to run command: type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="" 

2 - Panel A Finished processing MX53SMD-SDMMC-WinCE (BINFS) <LIST/> : FAIL code=-65534.

Panel A: Reason is unknown,

It seems that mfg tool can't communicate with smd board after  mx53smd.uce.nb0 was burnt.
    Both  mx53smd.uce.nb0 、mx53smd.eboot_uut.nb0 are retreived from following web site without any changes, eboot.nb0 and xip.nb0 are generated by my own project.
    https://community.freescale.com/message/280827#280827

Does anyone know how to fix this ? Thanks.
    Attachments are ucl.xml and related configuration capture.

Original Attachment has been moved to: mfg_ucl_log_and_config.rar

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sunajiang
Contributor III

Hi Qiang:

This problem is resolved.

Because many enviroments of SMD_UUT project were changed by my little companions without any notices, the eMMc and SD card can't be inited properly in uce.nb0.

My weekends were spent on finding the reason......

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default 53smd_uce.nb0 is only used for Freescale iMX53 SMD board, if you are using your own board, you should rebuild a "uce.nb0" based on your hardware and with the iMX53-SMD-UUT project.

sunajiang
Contributor III

Hi Qiang:

This problem is resolved.

Because many enviroments of SMD_UUT project were changed by my little companions without any notices, the eMMc and SD card can't be inited properly in uce.nb0.

My weekends were spent on finding the reason......

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
sunajiang
Contributor III

Hi Qiang:

Thanks for your reply.

My board is imx53 SMD board ,   the default 53smd_uce.nb0  can't  work ?

And I have rebuilt the uce.nb0 with the iMX53-SMD-UUT project basing our SMD board,  I renamed the nk.nb0 to 53smd_uce.nb0,

the mfg tool failed with the same error:"wrong device found ". No message from 53 smd board's serial debug port , it's very strange.

0 Kudos