cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Interrupt via PCIe

Jump to solution
scottkanowitz
Contributor II

Is there a way to interrupt the i.MX6 via PCIe when it is operating in endpoint (EP) mode? When the device is setup in root complex (RC) mode there are a variety of spec-based PCIe interrupt sources, however, I can't seem to find a method to interrupt the processor over the PCIe bus when it is operating in EP mode.

There are the software interrupts available in the ARM MPCore, however, these are located on a bus internal to the ARM core. Therefore, I won't be able to access them from the RC device. Is there another set of software interrupts available when the i.MX6 is in EP mode that I can trigger from the RC device?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
richard_zhu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi
As I know that, there is no such kind of INT.

Best Regard

Richard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi,

the correct answer is: There is no standardized (as PCI standard) way of interrupting the EP. However there are a few ways how to do that in a proprietary way.

regards,

Matevz

0 Kudos
brettstahlman
Contributor III

Could you give examples?

0 Kudos
matevzlangus
Contributor III

Hi,

configure some other peripheral in i.MX6 EP device (not PCIe) for example GPIO in such a way that writing a specific value to a register belonging to that peripheral (GPIO) will cause GPIO interrupt to fire and interrupt local CPU.

Then create inbound mapping on i.MX6 EP device so that PCIe cycles from PCIe bus will be routed correctly and will hit before mentioned register.

From external device write the value over PCIe to the correct address and it will end like write transaction to the register inside GPIO which will fire an interrupt.

regards,

Matevz

brettstahlman
Contributor III

Understood. Thanks!

0 Kudos
andreaskarlsson
Contributor III

Hi,

Can you give an example? We're looking for a way to do that.

regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
richard_zhu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi
As I know that, there is no such kind of INT.

Best Regard

Richard

0 Kudos