Encountered several problems when using Vivante tools to analyze .vpd files generated by vprofiler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountered several problems when using Vivante tools to analyze .vpd files generated by vprofiler

wangyuan
Contributor I

The development environment is imx6q platform, linux kernel version is 3.14.52.

When I use the vProfiler tool to test gpu utilization (the .vpd files generated by vProfiler in Linux and use Vivante gpu tools (vAnalyzer) to view vpd files in Windows), encountered several problems as follows:

1.Running the samples in viv_samples/vdk coming with kernel 3.14.52, there is only 1 .vpd files generated.

However, running my simple Qt program(using QOpenGLWidget), there are 4 .vpd files generated, 2 of them contain only 1 frame and the other 2 contain expected number of frames. Why are there multiple .vpd files generated?

捕获1.PNG

2. between the 2 "valid" .vpd file mentiond at 1,  gpu utilization is different, one is big(over 80%) and the other is small (below 30%), and the addition of the 2 gpu utilization value is bigger than 100%(why?) 

RTX截图未命名1 (1).png

RTX截图未命名2.png

3. what does driver utilization mean ? Actully, I also want to known the exact meaning of gpu utilization because of the above question.

What's the meaning of Frame time and Driver time? What's the difference between Driver Utlization and GPU Utlization? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

wangyuan
Contributor I

Just waiting for help!

Can NXP technical support staff or anybody help me?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Sorry for the delay, I just tested the vAnalizer on 3.14.52  and on my side vProfiler seems that work well on QT.

However 1KB files looks like something bad with vpd file creation, I do not sure if this have anything to do with QTWidget, but with QT samples on BSP works well, so please test other QT samples and if the problem persist provide your sample code to check If we can reproduce the issue in our side.

Regards

0 Kudos