已解决

Downloading u-boot, dtb, kernel and rootfs to eMMC using uboot commands

跳至解决方案
2,121 次查看
ssuresh
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

[REQUIREMENT]

We will boot the imx8mplus board using SD Card.

From SD Card bootloader, we need to load  uboot, dtb, kernel and rootfs to RAM using tftp and then write it to the eMMC.

We were successful in loading kernel and dtb. Commands used are:

tftp 0x40400000 Image

tftp 0x43000000 imx8mp-evk-revb4.dtb

fatwrite mmc 2:1 0x40400000 Image 1e82a00

fatwrite mmc 2:1 0x43000000 imx8mp-evk-revb4.dtb 15d94

But stuck with uboot and rootfs. Can you please share the steps to achieve this?

Thanks!

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
2,013 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

firstly you can use dd command to download the images to the sd card(you can find the detailed command from user guide I sent to you before), then refer to the link as below, which tell you how to flash the images from sd card to emmc

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Guide-to-flash-an-eMMC-from-SD-Card-on-i...

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
6 回复数
2,102 次查看
ssuresh
Contributor I

Referred the doc but could'nt see the steps to flash uboot and rootfs to emmc from uboot prompt.

From the docs, it says the uboot image is u-boot.imx, but cant find such an image after the compilation of sdk.

Also, can you please give us some more clarity on the blk and cnt parameter calculation? mmc write command is not working properly and leading to crash.

0 项奖励
回复
2,032 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what's your detailed demands? do you need download images to your board via network? do you need download to SD card or emmc?  why do you need download images via network? just for easy to download or your board couldn't support uuu tools?

0 项奖励
回复
2,018 次查看
ssuresh
Contributor I

Hi NXP Team,

Our end product cannot be flashed via USB using uuu tool. Thus to support future firmware upgrades, our only option is to boot the device from SD Card, from SD card bootloader, download the new firmware (uboot, kernel, dtb and rootfs) to eMMC and put the device back to eMMC boot mode (default boot mode is via eMMC)

Hope this clarifies the queries

Thanks!

0 项奖励
回复
2,014 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

firstly you can use dd command to download the images to the sd card(you can find the detailed command from user guide I sent to you before), then refer to the link as below, which tell you how to flash the images from sd card to emmc

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Guide-to-flash-an-eMMC-from-SD-Card-on-i...

0 项奖励
回复
1,913 次查看
ssuresh
Contributor I

Thanks NXP for the detailed reply!

0 项奖励
回复
2,106 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the chapter 4.4.1.2 Downloading an image to MMC/SD of enclosed file

0 项奖励
回复