显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Does u-boot 2014.10 u-boot-fslc work on imx 25 3 stack board

1,423 次查看
madhurabhashini
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to build the latest freescale open source u-boot code 2014.10 on my imx 25 3stack board for using the verified boot options enabled (signed u-boot). I am aware that v2009.08 is the latest official release supported. However  I need to know if 2014.10 is supported. I tried to flash another newer version after 2009.08 into NAND and boot from NAND. However, the board didn't boot up and I couldn't see any logs in minicom. I assume the u-boot failed to boot up on board. I tried to flash the board using ATK and I got a message that "NAND failed to initialise". Kindly let me know what can be done. Also please suggest what needs to be done in order to use the latest u-boot for imx 25.

Thanks,

Madhura

标签 (1)
4 回复数

1,058 次查看
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, U-boot 2014.10 supports mx25pdk.

I would suggest you to boot from SD card first:

make mx25pdk_config

make

Then flash u-boot.imx into the sd card:

sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sbX bs=512 seek=2; sync

1,058 次查看
madhurabhashini
Contributor II

Hi,

I just tried the above method with a older u-boot.bin (2009.08). I set the boot mode to SD card on imx25pdkkit. However I don't see the board booting up. Moreover, my SD card is msdos filesystem. Is that supported? Should I format my SD card? Also, after I perform the sudo dd , I don't see any contents in my SD card. Also ,this link : https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1326 says I'm unauthorised to access (even after I've logged in) that while other similar pages like NAND flashing are accessible.

Thanks,

Madhura

0 项奖励
回复

1,058 次查看
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please follow the instructions from the doc/README.imximage file.

1,058 次查看
madhurabhashini
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to know if u-boot.bin obtained by compiling u-boot 2014.10 can be used to boot the board from NAND or SD card? Or is only u-boot.imx a bootable image?

I believe the u-boot.imx is generated from the corresponding binary u-boot.bin as follows:

For example, for the mx51evk board:

28 ./tools/mkimage -n ./board/freescale/mx51evk/imximage.cfg \

29                 -T imximage -e 0x97800000  \

30                 -d u-boot.bin u-boot.imx

I'm trying to sign the u-boot and thereby generated u-boot-dtb.img (u-boot.bin + public key both in a device tree blob format) , built from u-boot 2014.10. This as I observe , fails to boot from NAND. So, will the u-boot.imx reflect the contents of u-boot-dtb.img meaning, will it contain the public key and verified boot options enabled? If not, what can be done to do so?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Madhura

0 项奖励
回复