cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display rotation on the fly

ajita02
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I am using IMX8MM with yocto 5.4.70 xwayland. I want to rotate display on the fly means without restarting weston service. Can someone will provide a lead?

Thanks & Regards,

Ajita

0 Kudos
13 Replies

raveenyadav
Contributor I

The Patient Portal by Summit Health, powered by Athena, empowers individuals to manage their medical records independently. In a changing healthcare landscape shaped by technology, patient portals play an increasingly crucial role, fostering improved communication and control over personal health information.

Patient Portals login

0 Kudos

rubbyyadav
Contributor I

Summit Health’s Patient Portal is an Athena-powered website that puts individuals in control of their own medical records. Patient portals have grown more important as technology continues to transform the healthcare business, allowing for more effective communication

Summit Medical Patient Portal

0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV

Please provide us a lead as it is a blocking for our development. If its not achievable please mention it. 

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV

It wont work as imx8mm xwayland doesnt have support of gnome-shell.

0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV

This issue is crucial to our project. I request NXP support team to provide us a lead.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV
I found xrandr doesnt work when we using xwayland image. Only weston utilities works, x11 doesnt.
0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV
Hi @jimmychan,
root@imx8mmevk:~# xrandr -o left
Failed to change the screen configuration!
root@imx8mmevk:~# xrandr -q
Screen 0: minimum 16 x 16, current 960 x 480, maximum 32767 x 32767
XWAYLAND0 connected 960x480+0+0 left (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
480x960 59.53*+
root@imx8mmevk:~# xrandr --output XWAYLAND0 --rotate right
xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed
0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I have a QT application running. I want to rotate display direction without restarting the weston as It will abrupt my running QT application. 

Please provide me a lead.

Thanks,

Ajita

0 Kudos

Allisonsnyder
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am using IMX8MM with yocto 5.4.70 xwayland. I want to rotate display on the fly means without restarting weston service by making changes in weston.ini. Can someone will provide a lead?  Mayo Clinic Portal

Thanks & Regards,

Ajita

Hello,

To achieve on the fly display rotation without restarting the Weston service on an IMX8MM platform running Yocto 5.4.70 with XWayland, you can use the Weston's `weston-transform` tool. This tool allows you to manipulate the transformation properties of an output while Weston is running.

For example, to rotate the display 90 degrees clockwise, you can use the following command:

weston-transform -r 90

Replace `90` with the desired rotation angle. Make sure to specify the correct output name if you have multiple outputs. 

By utilizing `weston-transform`, you can dynamically apply display rotation without needing to modify the weston.ini configuration or restarting the Weston service. This is useful for situations where you need real-time adjustments to the display orientation. 

If this information helps you, please mark the answer as the best. 

0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV

Hi @Allisonsnyder ,

There is no utility on imx8mm as weston-transform. I found weston-transformed but it doesnt have rotation as parameter.

root@imx8mmevk:~# weston-transformed -r 90
Usage: transformed [OPTIONS]

-w <width> Set window width to <width>
-h <height> Set window height to <height>
--help Show this help text

This version has been fixed for https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/99 .

It basically created black screen on of WxH dimension. Anything else I can try out?

Thanks,

Ajita

0 Kudos

ajita02
Contributor IV
0 Kudos