Define frame buffer address for iMX6Solo to display image via IPU and LDB bridge

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define frame buffer address for iMX6Solo to display image via IPU and LDB bridge

soumyadeep_work01
Contributor II

0 Kudos
6 Replies

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Thank you for providing more context. To display a bitmap image stored in an array using the IPU and LDB, you need to configure the IPU to read from the memory location where the array is stored. Here's a general outline of the steps you need to follow:

1. Configure the LDB to display the output from the IPU.
  2. Set up the IPU input channel with the appropriate parameters (e.g., resolution, format) for your bitmap image.
  3. Configure the IPU to read from the memory location of your bitmap array.
  4. Trigger the IPU to start processing the image and send it to the LDB.

To answer your specific question, you need to configure the IPU's input channel buffer address registers to point to the memory location of your bitmap array. The exact register names and configuration details may vary depending on the IPU model and the embedded system you are working with. However, you can typically find the buffer address registers in the IPU's Channel Parameter Memory (CPMEM).

For example, if you are working with the i.MX6 IPU, you would configure the CPMEM's buffer address registers as follows:

// Assuming 'bitmap_array' is the name of your array containing the bitmap image uint32_t bitmap_array_address = (uint32_t)&bitmap_array;
// Configure the IPU's input channel buffer address registers IPU_CPMEM_SetBufferAddr(ipu_channel, IPU_INPUT_BUFFER, bitmap_array_address);

Please consult the reference manual or documentation for your specific IPU model and embedded system to find the exact register names and configuration details.

If you need further assistance or have more questions, please don't hesitate

soumyadeep_work01
Contributor II
Sir, can you please help with step 2 and 3 for iMX6Solo? I have searched a lot in the i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications
Processor Reference Manual, but cannot find the exact way of configuring the CPMEM parameters.
0 Kudos

giraffe508
Contributor IV

I'm sorry, but I cannot access the enclosed file you mentioned. However, I can still try to help you with the IPU Frame Buffer Software Operation based on the context provided.
Assuming you are referring to the Image Processing Unit (IPU) in an embedded system, the IPU Frame Buffer Software Operation typically involves the following steps:
1. Configure the IPU hardware registers to set up the input and output image parameters, such as resolution, format, and memory addresses.
2. Set up the IPU interrupt handler to handle the completion of frame processing events.
3. Start the IPU operation by enabling the necessary modules and triggering the processing.
4. Wait for the completion of the frame processing, either by polling the status registers or waiting for an interrupt.
5. Process the output frame data, if necessary, and display it on the screen or store it in memory.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each frame to be processed.
Please provide more information about your specific issue or the context you are working with, and I will do my best to help you further.

soumyadeep_work01
Contributor II

How to achieve this step: "Configure the IPU hardware registers to set up the input and output image parameters, such as resolution, format, and memory addresses" in u-boot for imx6solo?

0 Kudos

soumyadeep_work01
Contributor II
Hi, thanks for the detailed steps. Let me give you an example. Suppose I've the C file with the bitmap image converted to an array. Now, in order to let the IPU start reading from the array, in which register of the IPU should I mention the array, so it can start sending it to the LDB?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the 6.3.2.6 IPU Frame Buffer Software Operation of enclosed file