cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Calibration for mass-production

AccuJie
Contributor III

Hi,

We have developed a customized IMX6ull based board for industry using. Now, we are little confusing about producing procedures related to DDR calibration.

1. If our product need to working continuously for long time(monthly). Do we need to do DDR calibrations for every single board?  Or, can we just take several boards to do ddr calibration and then use their average values as ddr calibration data for all chips?

2. If we have to do calibrations for each single board. Do you have any suggestions about the production flow? Now, we are thinking about calibrating each chips with NXP official calibration tool: DDR tester(gui) and saving ddr calibration data on EEPROM/FLash. Then SPL will read EEPROM/FLASH at the beginning of boot. But we think it is a little complex and time consuming for our worker. 

Any suggestions about DDR calibration procedures when doing mass-production are welcome.

Best Regards,

Jie  

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you are talking about the DDR stress test.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-6-7-DDR-Stress-Test-Tool/ta-p/11082...

No, you don't need to do the test for every board.

0 Kudos

AccuJie
Contributor III

Hi, jimmychan

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I mean both DDR calibration and stress test. From DDR calibration, we can get the vaule of following register: MMDC_MPWLDECTRL0 ch0 (0x021b080c), MPDGCTRL0 PHY0 (0x021b083c), MPDGCTRL1 PHY0 (0x021b0840), MPRDDLCTL PHY0 (0x021b0848), MPWRDLCTL PHY0 (0x021b0850).  Should we need to calibrate each board one by one? 

Thanks,

Jie

0 Kudos