Coral Edge compiler tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coral Edge compiler tools

rogerdavis_mitr
Contributor I

I am being given a Coral Edge (i.MX8M) evaluation board in a few days and would like to set up an environment to compile some programs to run on it.  I found an i.MX8M SDK and downloaded that.  Is there a getting started or users guide that I can follow to setup to do some programming on the Coral board?  Thanks

Roger

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rogerdavis_mitr
Contributor I

Although the Coral Edge website said that a compiler was coming soon, the board that I have came with a version 6.3.0 compiler and the make utility (no support for cmake however). So I was able to SSH into the board and use the tools natively.  The tools work fine and were fast.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger

one can look

Coral | Dev Board 

Coral | Docs 

Coral | Edge TPU Model Compiler 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rogerdavis_mitr
Contributor I

I might not have been clear in my question.  I'm not looking to write python or other scripts for exercising the TPU. I'm hoping to write C/C++ code on the platform. 

All of the Coral documentation only addresses the Python interface.

When I try to find tools for the i.MX8M platform on the NXP site, I find lots of things including tools for compiling on the Cortex-M platform and documentation for rebuilding the Linux kernel, but not for compiling C/C++ programs targeting the A53 cores. 

Under the category "IDE - Debug, Compile, and Build Tools" there are only patches and tools for the GPU.  It is in this category that I would expect to find tools for compiling C programs on the A53.

Roger

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger

for A53 GCC 7.3 (GCC 7 Release Series- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) 

is used as described in attached Release Notes p.7.

It is used when images are generated as described in Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos