Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy entire folder structure using Mfgtool

Jump to solution
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Hi,

We use mfgtool to push a WinCE image ("nk.nb0") to an iMX28. As part of this process I also want to send the application we will be running.

Currently we are required to plug a USB stick containing the application into the product and copy the *.cab file across manually, followed by unpacking the application.

I've seen that it might be possible to call <CMD type="push" body="mkdir /test"/> to create a folder, but is it possible to define a file (or entire unpacked folder structure) that is copied across by mfgtool?

Thanks,

EDIT:

Ok, so I can send individual files using

<CMD type="push" body="filename:NANDFlash\\sandy.mp3">Specify the file name and path in the board.</CMD>

<CMD type="push" body="send" file="files/sandy.mp3">Sending a file from the host.</CMD>

I'd still be interested if an entire folder structure (subfolders and files) was possible, without having to send each file separately.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Apparently the write command in the WinCE (nk.nb0) does not support full folder directory, and the only way of fixing this is to modify the image to allow it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Ok, so I can definitely push a file across, but I've not managed to create a subfolder yet.

Has anyone managed to do this, or at least could point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Apparently the write command in the WinCE (nk.nb0) does not support full folder directory, and the only way of fixing this is to modify the image to allow it.

0 Kudos