Config Tools for i.MX - What to do with generated .dtsi, .c, .h files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Tools for i.MX - What to do with generated .dtsi, .c, .h files?

Jump to solution
daneduplooy
Contributor III

Config Tools for i.MX generates the following files (i.MX6 ULL):

- imx6ull-board.dtsi

- iomux_config.c

- iomux_config.h

- pin_mux.c

- pin_mux.h

Can anyone provide any pointers on what should be done with these files, with U-Boot / Buildroot?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
daneduplooy
Contributor III

Basically, from what I have learned so far (in case this can help someone else with the same question):

Config Tools for i.Mx in this case helps to generate pin settings (mux, pull-up/-down, etc). With the .dtsi it is not a case of copy-pasting the entire file somewhere but rather copy-pasting individual lines into your Device Tree (.dts / .dtsi) in the relevant places - you need to have some idea of what you are doing with Device Tree in order to do this. Usually you would be copy-modifying an existing Device Tree from a reference board, so should be able to figure out from there where the lines need to go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daneduplooy
Contributor III

Basically, from what I have learned so far (in case this can help someone else with the same question):

Config Tools for i.Mx in this case helps to generate pin settings (mux, pull-up/-down, etc). With the .dtsi it is not a case of copy-pasting the entire file somewhere but rather copy-pasting individual lines into your Device Tree (.dts / .dtsi) in the relevant places - you need to have some idea of what you are doing with Device Tree in order to do this. Usually you would be copy-modifying an existing Device Tree from a reference board, so should be able to figure out from there where the lines need to go.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the user manual:
Tool generated board-oriented device tree (DTS) DTSI file is only a snippet and not a full device tree file content. There are just basic device tree elements, initial skeleton, and processor-specific "pinfunc.h" includes together with functional groups of fsl, pins = <...> content definitions which provide the initial IOMUXC module configuration according to the tool UI defined pin routing and functional configurations. Content itself must be manually merged together with existing Linux BSP device tree file(s) in order to apply the tool generated pins configuration

the current bsp path for uboot is

dts file is: /arch/arm/dts/

pinmux file: /include/dt-bindings/pinctrl/

kernel:

dts: /arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/

pin mux file:/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/

0 Kudos