cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check GPU usage in imx6

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi team, 

I am using the imx6-sabresd board with kernel 5.10.175 version and u-boot 2021-04 and vivante GPU version imx-gpu-viv6.4.3 version. 

I am running the Qt6 application in the board and wanted to take observations about GPU usage by that Qt6 application.

How to check the GPU usage by the application or whether GPU is really being used by that application or not ? Any log file to where we can see and confirm about that usage. 

Currently i am using the gmem_info script to test the GPU usage and getting below o/p.

gmem_info
Pid    Total         Reserved     Contiguous    Virtual Nonpaged   Name
755 46,923,520  3,538,944    43,384,576    0            0             /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 46,923,520 3,538,944 43,384,576 0 0 Summary
- - 130,678,784 - - - Available
GPU Idle time: 45.942692 ms

Here i am getting the Contiguous value getting incresese as we use more Qt6 applications. Is this the right way to confirm about the GPU usage ? 

Please give a short explanation about GPU usage and its log files to debug.it will be really helpful for me to understand it better.

Regards,

Rk

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

ravicalm
Contributor I
I want the corresponding script and where to run the script on imx 7 board
0 Kudos

ravicalm
Contributor I
Hi I am not able to find the gpu_mem script in my
imx7 board could you please share
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the enclosed file

0 Kudos

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi Joanxie,

I checked this document, seems like we can use the gmem_info.sh script to check the memory usage by any application in GPU.

As we are running more qt applications, we can observe more contiguous memory is being utilized, So we can say that applications is using the GPU memory.

Is my understanding is correct ? Correct me if I wrong.

Regards,

Rk

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can use gpuinfor or gputop to check the gpu usage information, I don't know what you got, you can share the result or logfile here

0 Kudos

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi Joanxie,

Please find the attached log file of gmem_info.txt

Could you please check the log file for GPU information? Here i am talking the Contiguous field of gmem_info.txt file.

Regards,

Rk

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to your post, the GPU is already used

0 Kudos

ravicalm
Contributor I

Hi ,

can u share the script to know about the gpu usage in imx7 board

0 Kudos

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi Joanxie,

thanks for your reply, I am using the qt6/qt5 openglwindow application and i can see the CPU utilization is around 250% in $top command.

So, is it normal/possible to use the GPU and having this much CPU usage in imx6qsabresd? 

Please suggest on this

Regards,

Rk

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

how about gpu usage when you use gputop? it's hard to tell this performance is about your application or gpu, for application improvement, pls refer to the chapter 16 of enclosed file

0 Kudos