Can't flash image via uuu on NXP Official IMX8MP EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't flash image via uuu on NXP Official IMX8MP EVK

Contributor III

We have an offical NXP IMX8MP EVK board(8MPLUS-BB), it works fine for a few weeks, I mean, we can flash the image and the board can up without any issue.

But today I found I can't flash it anymore, when I put it under download, and using below command:

uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mpevk-sd.bin-flash_evk imx-image-full-imx8mpevk.wic

It always failed to flash, and the board was in uboot shell prompt:

BuildInfo:
- ATF 3c1583b

MMC: no card present
Detect USB boot. Will enter fastboot mode!
Net: eth0: ethernet@30be0000, eth1: ethernet@30bf0000 [PRIME]
Fastboot: Normal
Boot from USB for mfgtools
*** Warning - Use default environment for mfgtools
, using default environment

Run bootcmd_mfg: run mfgtool_args;if iminfo ${initrd_addr}; then if test ${tee} = yes; then bootm ${tee_addr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_addr}; else booti ${loadaddr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_addr}; fi; else echo "Run fastboot ..."; fastboot 0; fi;
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

## Checking Image at 43800000 ...
Unknown image format!
Run fastboot ...
USB init failed: -62
u-boot=>

All the image files are the official file downloaded from NXP official website, not our own build. The full serial port output log is attached here.

Could someone give us some help? Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Contributor III

We spend some time on this, and found this is probably caused by following error report (-62):

tcpc_pd_receive_message: Polling ALERT register, TCPC_ALERT_RX_STATUS bit failed, ret = -62

Run bootcmd_mfg: run mfgtool_args;if iminfo ${initrd_addr}; then if test ${tee} = yes; then bootm ${tee_addr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_addr}; else booti ${loadaddr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_addr}; fi; else echo "Run fastboot ..."; fastboot 0; fi;

Unknown image format!
Run fastboot ...

Could someone give us some advice?

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

What BSP release are you using? Could you try with another one?

Have you tried with an SD? What were the results?

Try also with:

uuu -b emmc_all imx-image-full-imx8mpevk.wic

Regards

0 Kudos

Contributor III
Thank you for help.

We used the Kirkstone(5.15.71 kernel) for a while without any issue. Unfortunately, we found it failed to flash by uuu anymore recently.

Then, I tried other version such as gather(5.10.72 kernel) release, the same behavior, still can't flash the image by uuu.

I dumped the image into a removable SD card, and insert it into the board, and choose boot from SD mode, it can work.

Does that mean, the emmc was broken on the EVK board? because I find 'card not present' in the boot log(the log file already attached in this thread).

Please note that all the images I flashed was downloaded directly from official NXP website, to make sure the issue was not caused by our build environment.
0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi,
It's possible. Discard it updating uuu to its most recent version and also try the uuu.auto version withouth an SD plugged.
Regards
0 Kudos

Contributor III

After debugging, we found the failure code -62, is -ETIME

tcpc_pd_receive_message: Polling ALERT register, TCPC_ALERT_RX_STATUS bit failed, ret = -62

Unknown image format!
Run fastboot ...

The overal call sequence is:

tcpc_pd_receive_message() --> tcpc_polling_reg() 

As we doing this uuu flash on the official NXP IMX8MP EVK board(8MPLUS-BB), with the official image files downloaded from official NXP website. Can we conclude there is something incorrect on this EVK hardware board ?

}

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please try to recover it from linux as:

4.4.2 Using an i.MX board as the host server to create a rootfs.

Suggests.

Do you see it in linux?

Regards

0 Kudos