cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find /ttymxc2 in 3.5.7 kernel

kenwu
Contributor I

Hi

I am using older kernel in my developing i.MX6 SABREAUTO platform and I am able to boot up with this kerenl.

But I can't find  /ttymxc2 in my system, try to check the log from dmesg, and only find below

21f0000.serial: ttymxc3 at MMIO 0x21f0000 (irq = 61) is a IMX

I have another build which use kernel 3.10.9, but it has /dev/ttymxc2

Should I configure any in my 3.5.7 kernel environment?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Ken

You can add imx6q_add_imx_uart(1, NULL) to register ttymxc2.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

kenwu
Contributor I

Hi Saurabh,

Where is the code? I can't find it in my kernel.

I am using 3.5.7 kernel.

Thank you

Ken

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Ken

You can check kernel_imx\arch\arm\mach-mx6\board-mx6q_sabreauto.c file and mx6q_sabreauto_init_uart ().

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

kenwu
Contributor I

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for you quickly response.

But my kernel is 3.5.7, its git hash is 328597018dc58c4ffa38461db09e45bef62af227

I don't find the files you mention above, these files only exist in older 3.0.35 kerenl. (linux-imx/3.0.35-r37.14/git/arch/arm/mach-mx6)

Unfortunately I need to enable uart in 3.5.7 kernel, please guide me how to do that.

Thank you

Ken

0 Kudos

kenwu
Contributor I

Hi

For 3.5.7 kernel can't find /dev/ttymxc2, it was fixed.

I found in ~/arch/arm/boot/dts, device tree structure doesn't define uart3 for using, I don't know why default device tree ignore it.

So after add releated code there in imx6qdl-sabreauto.dtsi and imx6q.dtsi, now I can see /dev/ttymxc2 in my system.

But unfortunately, even if I can see the device but seems it can't work. I need this uart3 to attach my bluetooth module, it may another problem like pinctrol or gpio, etc,. I will move this discussion ( can't find ttymxc2) to another topic discussion.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. i.MX Community ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos