Can i.MX6Q/DL support USB OTG ROLE SWITCH?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Can i.MX6Q/DL support USB OTG ROLE SWITCH?

1,642件の閲覧回数
canfengwen
Contributor II

Dears

I come here to asking help for how to support USB OTG role switch to implement carplay, my device is used  i.MX6Q/DL, with Android Kk4.4.3_2.0.0_ga release and kernel version is 3.10.53_1.0.0. i got one patch(see below link) from freescale FAE,unfortunately it is not works for me as the patch is just works for i.MX6 AI board, however my hardware has no dynamic vbus-pin (connected to 5v) in this case,that because carplay request charging for IOS sample while i make as the device role.

Not sure if i have issue clear, it would be great appreciated for any comments,thanks.

USB dual role patch for Linux 3.10.17 BSP //

ラベル(2)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

825件の閲覧回数
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In order to provide full USB On-The-Go support, the Vbus pin should be dynamically controlled, because when the USB controller acts as Device, the Vbus pin is an input (Vbus is externally applied). When acting as Host, the Vbus pin is an output (it provides the 5V on the pin).

You could refer to the schematic of SABRE-SD or SABRE-AI for hardware connections.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信

825件の閲覧回数
canfengwen
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the comments, i closed this issue as we will re-work the hardware to follow the SABRE-AI hardware design,thanks.

0 件の賞賛
返信