Can IPU capture BT.656 data on Low 8bits of IPU_CSIx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IPU capture BT.656 data on Low 8bits of IPU_CSIx?

Jump to solution
jameshe1
Contributor II

Hi Friends,

According to part "Table 66. Camera Input Signal Cross Reference, Format, and Bits Per Cycle" in IMX6DQPAEC.pdf

BT.656 data should be feed in IPUx_CSIx_DATA[19:12].

But in my application, i need at least one BT.656 port input, one BT.1120 port input and at least 3 UARTS. most of UARTS share pins on IPUx_CSIx_DATA[19:12]. So i want to use IPUx_CSIx_DATA[9:2] to capture BT.656. Does it make sense by changing software?

Thanks

James He

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, this is not possible. The camera should always be connected to the upper lines of the parallel CSI bus.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, this is not possible. The camera should always be connected to the upper lines of the parallel CSI bus.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!