CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE value is overwritten with default value

maheshkumarkoda
Contributor III

Hello community,

I am building U-boot for i.mx6Q custom board with following definitions:

#define CONFIG_LOADADDR           0x82000000
#define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE     

0x87800000

however after successful build, the value #define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE  0x87800000 is overwritten with default value 0x1000000, when i cross checked in u-boot.map file.

Address of section .text set to 0x1000000

U-boot source code is checked out by yocto project environment for mx6Sabreauto board, and with the same source code I'm building U-boot locally (after customizing for my board) with cross toolchain(U-boot : v2015.04+gitAUTOINC+5d9ffd2214-r0).

Included mx6sabre_common.h code also in my customized header file and copied it to U-boot dir/include/configs folder.

Please let me know is there something need to be changed? may be in make files? (as source code is checked out for sabreauto board, suspecting there is an independent make file for sabreauto).

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahesh

what uboot are you using, could you try uboot from:

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

also for i.MX6Q based boards CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE=0x17800000

as for example:

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos