显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

C2D functionality on i.MX 53

1,116 次查看
damianhobson-ga
Contributor I

Hello All,

I am trying to use the C2D API on my i.MX 53 based system with the amd-gpu-bin-mx51-11.09 libraries and have had some success with running the c2d demo application from the SDK.  I started having problems though, when trying out the other APIs from c2d_api.h.

I modified the samples/c2d/rects/samplerects.c test program to specify a clipping rectangle using c2dSetDstClipRect() but it did not seem to have any effect at all when I linked with lib2dz160.so.  Linking with lib2dz430.so allows the clipping to work, but c2dSurfUnlock() fails with C2D_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. Ignoring this error seems to allow the test program to work, but I'm not sure if its actually performing the GPU synchronization at all.

Other APIs, like c2dDrawLine() and c2dDrawArc() return SUCCESS status codes, but don't seem to actually do anything. 

So I'm thinking that not all of the C2D API is supported for these devices.  Is this true?  If so, is there some sort of document that explains what is and isn't supported?

Has anyone had a similar experience with these libraries or might I just be doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards,

标签 (3)
0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数

908 次查看
maxmustermann
Contributor I

BIG FAT WARNING:

Do NOT use the proprietary kernel / kgsl stuff. It's full of horrible security bugs and broken by design.

It gives the userland *FULL PHYSICAL* bus access - there's *NO SECURITY* anymore !

[imx53] WARNING! Do NOT use the proprietary GPU drivers / KGSL stuff - MAJOR RISK!

By the way: I've got the VPU fully running on 4.0.3 kernel, just in case anybody cares.

0 项奖励
回复

908 次查看
damianhobson-ga
Contributor I

Update:  After double-checking using lib2dz160.so it turns out that c2dDrawLine *does* work, and c2dSetDstClipRect works when drawing lines. (previously I had set an incompatible clipping rectangle during my failed clipping testing). However, c2dSetDstClipRect *does not* clip for c2dDrawBlit, or c2dDrawRect. c2dDrawArc still doesn't produce any output.

Thanks,

0 项奖励
回复

908 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Damian,

Instead of Z430, Use Z160 module to accelerate some GDI operations: SRCOPY, PATCOPY, DRAWLINE etc.The issues should be away.

Regards

0 项奖励
回复

908 次查看
damianhobson-ga
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I am already using the Z160 module.  Also, my target platform is Linux, not Windows, so I'm not trying to use GDI.

0 项奖励
回复