Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building imx-boot for imx8qxp usable with uuu outside of yocto

Jump to solution
Anthony_R
Contributor II

Hello,

I used to work with the yocto project provided by NXP to build my imx-boot, adding some custom patch for my specific usage. I now need to swich to secure boot, and the yocto build  do not permit that afaik. To be honest I'm not familiar with yocto and I did not do the original yocto work.

I followed some documentation I could find, so the currents steps are the following, based on a compilation of multiple docs :

- Generate atf-container with ~/imx-mkimage$ make SOC=iMX8QX u-boot-atf-container.img

- Sign it with cst -i cst_uboot_atf.txt -o signed-u-boot-atf-container.img then replace it in the directory imx-mkimage/iMX8QX

- compile u-boot with make (with appropriate cross compilation env)

- Copy u-boot-spl.bin from u-boot/spl/u-boot-spl.bin to imx-mkimage/iMX8QX/.

- Copy u-boot.bin from u-boot/u-bootl.bin to imx-mkimage/iMX8QX/.

- Copy scfw_tcm.bin from SCFW porting kit to imx-mkimage/iMX8QX/.

- Copy bl31.bin from Arm Trusted Firmware (imx-atf) to imx-mkimage/iMX8QX/.

- Copy the SECO firmware container images mx8qxpc0-ahabcontainer.img to imx-mkimage/iMX8QM/.

- Generate flash.bin with make SOC=iMX8QX DEV=flexspi REV=C0 flash_spl

- Sign it with cst

After this steps, i get a 1MB file, when the yocto output file "imx-boot-imx8qxpc0mekroadlink-fspi.bin-flash_spl_flexspi" is 3.3MB.

What are the missing steps ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anthony_R
Contributor II

Here was the solution for me if it can help :

- copy tee.bin before generating atf-container

-the final container has to be create with target flash_spl_flexspi (not just flash_spl)

-the soc.mak had to be changed to use the right address (as defined in the #define CONFIG_LOADADDR, in my case 0x80280000 instead of the default 0x80200000)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anthony_R
Contributor II

Here was the solution for me if it can help :

- copy tee.bin before generating atf-container

-the final container has to be create with target flash_spl_flexspi (not just flash_spl)

-the soc.mak had to be changed to use the right address (as defined in the #define CONFIG_LOADADDR, in my case 0x80280000 instead of the default 0x80200000)

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You try to build the rootfs and put in the right place from yocto, since you are building a custom uboot, it changes the address where is located.

Regards

0 Kudos
Anthony_R
Contributor II

Hello, thank you for your response.

I was already taking only u-boot from yocto. I did my rootfs from debootstrap, it is stored with the boot partition (Image and dtb) on an usb device and my u-boot is patched for that. Yocto was used only to create a "imx-boot-imx8qxpc0mekroadlink-fspi.bin-flash_spl_flexspi" that I  flash with uuu.

My issue is that I can't find how to replicate the u-boot encapsulation to get a uuu compatible flash file outside yocto using imx-mkimage (and probably other tools I miss).

0 Kudos