Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Android images for SABRESD Platform

Jump to solution
kapilkumar
Contributor III

HI

I am trying to build Android Images for imx6dl sabresd platform on ubuntu12.04LTS(64-bit OS) . Steps i followed are below:

[1] cd  <enter into code directory>

[2] source build/envsetup.sh

[3] lunch sabresd_6dq-user

[4] make

After build, i checked  build_sabresd_6dq_android.log to make sure that there does not exist any build error.But, i am getting like below scripts:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

build/core/Makefile:32: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/system/etc/permissions/android.software.live_wallpaper.xml'

build/core/base_rules.mk:520: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/system/etc/permissions/android.software.live_wallpaper.xml'

No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE sabresd_6dq

make: *** No rule to make target `kernel_imx/arch/arm/configs/imx6_android_defconfig', needed by `out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/.config'.  Stop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, help me to sort out this build error.

Thank You

Kapil Kumar

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi Saurabh

I could able to build it now. Yes, you were right that "imx6_android_defconfig" is missing and not present in kernel_imx/arch/arm/configs.

Now, i am able to build it.

But, one more problem now i am getting . I put my SD-Card into the slot .(u-boot.bin, boot.img, system.img, recovery.img) ,i copied into card using dd utility. Afterthat, i tried booting the board, on hyperterminal

"init:untracked pid ...exited"    // this message is coming continuously. and android is flashing on the display of the board.

Thank You

Kapil Kumar.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi Saurabh

But, one more problem now i am getting . I put my SD-Card into the slot .(u-boot.bin, boot.img, system.img, recovery.img) ,i copied into card using dd utility. Afterthat, i tried booting the board. on hyperterminal

"init:untracked pid ...exited"    // this message is coming continuously. and android is flashing on the display of the sabresdb board.

Thank You.

Kapil Kumar

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi Kapil

According to your Android build, it requires "imx6_android_defconfig"

Please check that file is available in arch/arm/configs/

While in above steps you are using " imx_v7_android_defconfig"

So go through "Android_User's_Guide.pdf"

Thanks

Saurabh

kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi Saurabh

I could able to build it now. Yes, you were right that "imx6_android_defconfig" is missing and not present in kernel_imx/arch/arm/configs.

Now, i am able to build it.

But, one more problem now i am getting . I put my SD-Card into the slot .(u-boot.bin, boot.img, system.img, recovery.img) ,i copied into card using dd utility. Afterthat, i tried booting the board, on hyperterminal

"init:untracked pid ...exited"    // this message is coming continuously. and android is flashing on the display of the board.

Thank You

Kapil Kumar.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Kapil,

Are you still having problems?

0 Kudos
kapilkumar
Contributor III

Yes...

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi Kapil,

Please check your kernel_imx folder is cloned correctly.

Error says that "imx6_android_defconfig" is missing in your kernel_imx folder.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
kapilkumar
Contributor III

Hi Saurabh

How can i verify whether it has been cloned properly or not? I simply downloaded by following the steps given in the Android user guide.

if it has not been cloned properly, then, how i am able to build kernel? Actually, i tried building kernel by the steps outlined below, and i got uImage ready in the folder ~/kernel_imx/arch/arm/boot/uImage.

Steps:

[1]

make imx_v7_android_defconfig

[2]

make uImage LOADADDR=0x10008000

Thank You

Kapil Kumar.

0 Kudos