cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from the SD Card

tatianabkirillova
Contributor I

Dear NXP community,

I have faced difficulties trying to boot from the SD Card on the i.MX 8M Mini board.

Currently, I am using the pre-built image that we downloaded from the Linux download page linked in the Getting Started guide. We successfully loaded this image onto the board's internal memory. To establish communication with the board, we have set up a serial connection using TeraTerm.

The SD card contains a .wic file from the same image, and we have also ensured that the boot switches are configured properly to boot from the SD Card. However, when we power on the board, the Status LED (D1) does not glow up, as it normally does when booting from the eMMC, and there is no boot log when booting from SD Card, as there is when booting from the internal memory. D708 is red and D905 is blinking during the booting process.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,
Tatiana

0 Kudos
2 Replies

tatianabkirillova
Contributor I

I solved the problem by using the following command:

uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mm-lpddr4-evk-sd.bin-flash_evk imx-image-full-imx8mmevk.wic

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tatianabkirillova 

Can you try to re-flash image to SD Card with command uuu -b sd (sd_all) "pre-built image"? probably images damaged.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos