表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Boot script for imx53 for different display modules

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,876件の閲覧回数
visakh
Contributor III

Hi,

My mx53 based board having HDMI,VGA and TV-OUT connectors. I am able to output through all the UI with different boot args. Is there any thing like IMX-6 as detecting  the cable and configuring the bootargs . ie in a restart bootargs should set automatic according as per the display connected. Need immediate response.

ラベル(2)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
1,231件の閲覧回数
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok,SV,

For your another questions:

Also I would like to ask one more doubt to you. My board is having LTC3589 using PMIC, so if we are modifying the 10.4 build for smd , will it have any problem with HDMI power/I2C etc?(as smd uses da9053).

My answer:

At first , don't change smd source code directly, please add a new device for your android system. let me assume your project name is "auto", then your board name is imx53_auto. please follow these steps and try :

(1)Make a new directory for your board.

Entering "myandroid/device/fsl",and make a new directory: mkdir imx53_auto

(2)Copy all files in "myandroid/device/fsl/imx53_smd" to your new directory.

#cd imx53_auto

#cp ../imx53_smd/* ./

(3)Open BoardConfig.mk and modify board name

TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := AUTO

(4)Add a .mk file

Use gedit to Open 'myandroid/fsl/imx5x/imx53_smd.mk' , save it as "imx53_auto.mk", and modify like this :

PRODUCT_NAME := imx53_auto
PRODUCT_DEVICE := imx53_auto

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/required_hardware.xml:system/etc/permissions/required_hardware.xml \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/init.rc:root/init.freescale.rc \
        device/fsl/imx53_auto/vold.fstab:system/etc/vold.fstab \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/gpsreset.sh:system/etc/gpsreset.sh

(5)Open myandroid/device/fsl/imx5x/AndroidProduct.mk , and add your product .

add one line : $(LOCAL_DIR)/imx53_auto.mk

(6)Open 'myandroid/device/fsl/imx5x/vendorsetup.sh',and your product.

add_lunch_combo imx53_auto-eng

add_lunch_combo imx53_auto-user

(7)Compile android file system for your board.

in myandroid directory:

#export CROSS_COMPILE=~/myandroid/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-

#source build/envsetup.sh

#lunch imx53_auto-eng (note : or lunch imx53_auto-usr)

#make

Note : when you configure linux kenerl, you should select LTC3589, not DA9053, at same time, you had better create a new BSP file(such as mx53_auto.c) for your board by referring to mx53_smd.c and mx53_ard.c. I don't recommend you change EVK source code directly, because modifying directly maybe make your system in disorder.

The above is only my personal experience ,just as you are designing a new EVK board based on i.MX53 for Freescale . :smileyhappy:

you can do any modification on your own source code if you find some problem or don't match with your hardware.

Just for your reference !

Regards,

Weidong

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)
1,231件の閲覧回数
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

(1)HDMI On I.MX6:

HDMI is supported by i.mx6 SOC, due to HPD and CEC signanls on HDMI connector, HDMI driver can detect hot plug.

(2)VGA and TVOUT:

There is no analog video display inferface on i.mx6, So you will have to extend one, for example , attaching a RGB24 to DISP0 port and converting parallel digital video to analog RGB or CVBS output. as a reference, you can evaluate ch7026 which is manufactured by chrontel.

Regards,

Weidong

0 件の賞賛
1,231件の閲覧回数
visakh
Contributor III

Dear Weldong Sun,

Thank you so much for the interest in topic and reply. Please note I need to work this dynamic switching of displays in Imx53 only. I am using customized imx53 board as I knew it that there are no TVE in Imx6.

So please guide me towards how can I enable all the displays in  same time. I can explain you the the current status and what i needed.

1. My board having all the 3 display possibilities 1.HDMI 2.VGA 3.TV-OUT

2. I drove all these displays with different bootargs.

3. What i wish is i can change the displays while the cable plugging in/detecting the cable, some thing like our personal computer does OR not exactly as all the displays in same time.

I will be great-full for the  swift and accurate response from you, and waiting for the same.

visakh.SV

0 件の賞賛
1,231件の閲覧回数
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

(1)By setting VGA to be primary in u-boot, anytime hot plug HDMI, display on HDMI should be OK.

(2)VGA and CVBS out are muxed on TVE PADs, So It is not easy to realize it.

0 件の賞賛
1,231件の閲覧回数
visakh
Contributor III

Hi Sun,

how we can set VGA to primary in uboot, is it through simply boot args?. Did we need any other modification uboot boot-loader.? I am referring and modified the 10.4 build

Also I would like to ask one more doubt to you. My board is having LTC3589 using PMIC, so if we are modifying the 10.4 build for smd , will it have any problem with HDMI power/I2C etc?(as smd uses da9053).

0 件の賞賛
1,232件の閲覧回数
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok,SV,

For your another questions:

My answer:

At first , don't change smd source code directly, please add a new device for your android system. let me assume your project name is "auto", then your board name is imx53_auto. please follow these steps and try :

(1)Make a new directory for your board.

Entering "myandroid/device/fsl",and make a new directory: mkdir imx53_auto

(2)Copy all files in "myandroid/device/fsl/imx53_smd" to your new directory.

#cd imx53_auto

#cp ../imx53_smd/* ./

(3)Open BoardConfig.mk and modify board name

TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := AUTO

(4)Add a .mk file

Use gedit to Open 'myandroid/fsl/imx5x/imx53_smd.mk' , save it as "imx53_auto.mk", and modify like this :

PRODUCT_NAME := imx53_auto
PRODUCT_DEVICE := imx53_auto

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/required_hardware.xml:system/etc/permissions/required_hardware.xml \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/init.rc:root/init.freescale.rc \
        device/fsl/imx53_auto/vold.fstab:system/etc/vold.fstab \
device/fsl/imx53_auto/gpsreset.sh:system/etc/gpsreset.sh

(5)Open myandroid/device/fsl/imx5x/AndroidProduct.mk , and add your product .

add one line : $(LOCAL_DIR)/imx53_auto.mk

(6)Open 'myandroid/device/fsl/imx5x/vendorsetup.sh',and your product.

add_lunch_combo imx53_auto-eng

add_lunch_combo imx53_auto-user

(7)Compile android file system for your board.

in myandroid directory:

#export CROSS_COMPILE=~/myandroid/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-

#source build/envsetup.sh

#lunch imx53_auto-eng (note : or lunch imx53_auto-usr)

#make

Note : when you configure linux kenerl, you should select LTC3589, not DA9053, at same time, you had better create a new BSP file(such as mx53_auto.c) for your board by referring to mx53_smd.c and mx53_ard.c. I don't recommend you change EVK source code directly, because modifying directly maybe make your system in disorder.

The above is only my personal experience ,just as you are designing a new EVK board based on i.MX53 for Freescale . :smileyhappy:

you can do any modification on your own source code if you find some problem or don't match with your hardware.

Just for your reference !

Regards,

Weidong

0 件の賞賛
1,231件の閲覧回数
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the mx53 quick start boar Linux Release Notes:

"video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary vga"

1,231件の閲覧回数
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From Reference manual of MCIMX53, see page 4534:

Some natural limitations exist for CD operation. It is impossible to differentiate the

mixed CVBS/S-video, the component YPrPb and the component RGB connections

because in all these three cases a three-wire cable is used. So for these cases the software

should set a default option or allow user choosing the interface type.

So we can't do the detection between VGA and TV_OUT.

0 件の賞賛