cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot from another ECSPI

almaz1c1
Contributor I

Hello!

I have a custom IMX6ULL based board with two serial SPI flash: one of them connected by ECSPI1, another - ECSPI2.

ECSPI1 selected as boot interface by gpio and it boots well. But now I want to boot from ECSPI2 to get camera interface pins available but there is no option to select ECSPI2 as we don't have boot mode choosing resistors on board (boot mode selection gpios connected directly to GND and/or VCC without optional resistors).

Is there any way to boot from ECSPI2 in such case?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Customer can use boot Fuse select (BT_FUSE_SEL) depending of BOOT_MODE[1:0], please check reference manual 8.2 Boot modes:

If BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b10 (Internal Boot mode)

• 0—The bits of the SBMR are overridden by the GPIO pins.

• 1—The specific bits of the SBMR are controlled by the eFUSE settings.

If BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b00 (Boot From Fuse)

• 0—The BOOT configuration eFuses are not programmed yet. The boot flow jumps to the serial downloader.

• 1—The BOOT configuration eFuses are programmed. The regular boot flow is performed.

As you may know fuse are one time programable, so once done they cannot be revert, in fuses customer can change boot configuration so it can boot using the ecspi2.

Usually the final booting configuration what’s blown into the fuses in manufacturing. In this stage it’s desirable to lock the booting options to the wanted setting.

Take a look to this post:

Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE? 

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------