Bare metal test image for A55 on IMX93, using JTAG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare metal test image for A55 on IMX93, using JTAG

ajhoneybell
Contributor I

I'm trying to bring up some custom hardware using an IMX9322xxxxK. It uses a nand flash device. I'm able to build (I think) a good image, with something similar that works fine on the EVK. But when I attempt to use uuu tool, I get about 4% in and fail. This could mean a fault with the USB, external flash or external RAM and there's no really easy way to test.

However, I seem to be able to connect using JTAG. I therefore followed AN14120 and was able to build a simple Hello_World  application, but it's for running on the M core.

Is there any way to build a similar app that will run on the A55 core that I can flash using JTAG and sidestep the serial downloader. IMX93QSB 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you are using Cortex-A, you have to take in mind several module initializations and handlings under BareMetal as is done in our Linux BSP, this process is under your own risk since we do not have documentation or support for BareMetal in Cortex-A.

If you are developing this design in Cortex-A using BareMetal, I strongly suggest you contact Pro-Support services.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

ajhoneybell
Contributor I

We do intend to use Linux  on the A core, but we're having issues connecting to it via serial download, hence wanting something very simple to test that we can even connect to it and that the flash and RAM are connected properly, which is probably something even U-boot can do. It really doesn't need to be more complex than sending a message through UART and toggling some GPIO. We can connect with JTAG - so if there was a way I could download the .wic file via JTAG, that would do the job for now. 

0 Kudos

ajhoneybell
Contributor I

The failure mode in UUU is as follows:

Wait for Known USB Device Appear...
New USB Device Attached at 1:2-0000000000000000
1:2-0000000000000000>Start Cmd:SDPS: boot -f C:\temp\yocto\download\fsl-image-machine-test-imx93-9x9-lpddr4-qsb.rootfs-20240913111038.wic -skipfhdr
1:2-0000000000000000>Fail HID(W): LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE (-9)(4.242s)

0 Kudos