Audio-Out is Not switching between BT_Headset and external speakers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio-Out is Not switching between BT_Headset and external speakers.

SharanK
Contributor II
Hi ,
I have problem in switching the audio out between the bluetooth headset and external speakers.
I have created a icon in the statusbar to toggle between BT Headset and speakers.
I am using the setBluetoothScoOn() to switch off and switch on the BT heasdset and setSpeakerphoneOn() to switch off and on the speakers.
After calling the API's, I am checking for the return values and there is no problem.
But the audio is never routed to the speaker. only toggle in the BT headset.
I am using IMX- ARD Board.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

Sharan K

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

andrebella
Contributor III

hey, is this the forum? I'm lost :smileysad: here

0 Kudos

GunjanSamaiya
Contributor I

Hi Sharan

I hope it will help.

1. alsa_imx5x.cpp file for selecting Sound card.(Location: src\hardware\mx5x\modules\alsa For IMX-53 QSB) 

2.AudioService.java and AudioSystem.java file used for switching devices one from another with the help of intents. (Location: src\frameworks\base\media\java\android\media)

Regards 

Gunjan

0 Kudos

RafaelThomasGoz
Contributor III

Hi Gunjan,

maybe you could help me. For some reason i cannot play audio on imx53 using android QSB.

Actually I can but I need to set Alsa mixer to enable Speaker Function to ON. However it only works if I have tried to play any audio once in android.

Here is the scenario:

- Alsa mixer with speaker function set to ON, play audio for the 1st time on android. Nothing plays.

- Execute alsa mixer again setting again the speaker function to on AFTER playing anything on android.

It now works.. Why is that ? any idea?

0 Kudos