Any way to swap parallel LCD data pin color mapping?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to swap parallel LCD data pin color mapping?

Jump to solution
dluberger
Contributor V

After much digging around through my schematics, the LCD manufacturer's schematics, and comparison with the eval board reference design, I came to realize that my custom board has the LCD red and blue lines swapped (i.e., on the reference design, Blue is D0 thru D7and Red is D16 thru D23, but I accidentally set Red to D0 thru D7 in my LCD connections).

Is there any way to redefine the eLCDIF module data bit mapping?  I can't do it in the device tree because the pin mux doesn't allow for that.  Basically for anything accessing the framebuffer or LCD peripheral, I want red data to be swapped with blue and vice versa.  Eventually I'll do a new run of my board, but in the meantime I'd like to know if this is possible.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dluberger
Contributor V

Thanks.  I've decided to leave things as they are and incorporate the pinout change in the next board revision.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell me which BSP are you using?

0 Kudos
dluberger
Contributor V

I'm not sure what you're asking (i'm not entirely sure how i tell which bsp i'm using as i don't know what the bsp actually is).  I configured yocto to use the 4.9.11 Kernel, and it's the "morty" branch of the yocto project.

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

BSP is Board Support Package. You can find the i.MX BSP from this web page i.MX Software|NXP .

I think you are using the Linux BSP 4.9.11.

Attached is the Linux Reference Manual. For the details of ELCDIF, please read the Chapter 6.2.6.2.

You may try to modify the driver source code mxsfb.c to swap the color.

0 Kudos
dluberger
Contributor V

Thanks.  I've decided to leave things as they are and incorporate the pinout change in the next board revision.

0 Kudos