Android support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android support

XXiao1z
Contributor III
The android code from freescale does not mention QS board support, is ubuntu the only option for now?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

LeventeTamas
Contributor I

Remi: is it gonna be published like the previous releases like the 3.3 version, with the complete build scripts and source code? What is the ETA on the package? The reason I am asking, because I was trying to get the gingerbread version to work on QSB but it fails with various reasons. Sometimes the dalvikvm reports GC low memory and won't boot, sometimes the kernel panics, sometimes after uart init I get garbled serial output. I tried from the freescale r10.2 release doc to build it, but I got stuck a little bit with these various errors, and your previous build systems work so nicely I can only hope the next will work just as smooth:)

Thx

Levi

Remi Lorriaux said:

The mouse cursor will be supported in our next Android Gingerbread release for the i.MX53 QSB. It should be available next week.

- RL (Adeneo Embedded)

0 Kudos

rlorriaux
Contributor I

The mouse cursor will be supported in our next Android Gingerbread release for the i.MX53 QSB. It should be available next week.

- RL (Adeneo Embedded)

0 Kudos

JohnWeber
Contributor I
Someone recently helped me out here.  In the Android "Settings" menu, go to "Applications" then to "Development".  Make sure that "Stay Awake" is selected.  This will keep Android from putting the system to sleep.
0 Kudos

JohnWeber
Contributor I
Can you pass along the steps to changing the display timeout to infinite?  I'd like to do this as well.  Thanks.

X Xiao said:
This is correct. I'm hacking the code to change the timeout from 30 minutes to forever.
0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III
This is correct. I'm hacking the code to change the timeout from 30 minutes to forever.
0 Kudos

LarryLamb1z
Contributor II

I've found a similar circumstance with using the keyboard (after reviewing the i.MX Android R9.4 User Guide supplied by Adeneo in their i.MX53_Android Source BSP - available from their website:  http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/Freescale-i.MX53-QSB).  Once the Android has booted, I hit F1 to perform the traditional unlock swipe.  After that I use F1 to change settings (as mentioned by X Xiao), and I come back by using the Enter key on the keyboard.  I've also used the Home key to get back to the Home screen.  The arrow keys help navigate you through the applications and sub-menu selections.  It's the next best thing to a touch screen.

0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III

try this: remove usb mouse, just hook a usb keyboard.

while booting, keep hitting key F1, which should activate the bottom menu line, you can then set up the screen timeout to 30 minutes

0 Kudos

mark_smith
Contributor I

Xiao,

I've had the exact same experience with the keyboard/suspend issue.  BUMP this question to the top of the list.  What is needed to get keyboard and mouse support on the Adeneo Android LOCO package?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III

After android is up with my VGA LCD, the mouse scroll worked (not fully) _only_ for the first boot(to choose default or sdk activity), keyboard(DELL) _never_ worked, Android will enter to suspend mode and become unusable quickly, have you seen this?
Thanks,
Mariano Goluboff said:

You can get the Android BSP for the QSB from Adeneo. You can find the links to download both the source and the binary images here:

http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/F...

0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Freescale supplies the Android BSP for the SABRE for Tablet www.freescale.com/imxsabre.  But for the i.MX53 Quick Start board which is geared towards evaluation, Linux is supplied by Freescale and then Android and Windows Embedded are offered by third parties.
0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III
just curious, why does not Freescale supply this as it normally does? thanks for the info!
0 Kudos

XXiao1z
Contributor III

Mariano Goluboff said:

You can get the Android BSP for the QSB from Adeneo. You can find the links to download both the source and the binary images here:

http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/F...

0 Kudos

MarianoGoluboff
Contributor III

http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/Freescale-i.MX53-QSB

0 Kudos